Sunday, July 24, 2011

Okay The Results Are In.......Drumroll Please

     Since July 5th when I "OFFICIALLY" went on The South Beach Diet I have now lost 18.5 pounds.  This is good since I may have to have procedures done and the less I weigh the better for them.
     Late start today, as I didn't get my ass up until a little after 10AM. I'm sitting here pondering breakfast, Pat has been up for several hours and let me sleep, bless him.  I must vacuum today but other than that and a bit of dusting, I was contemplating getting a few new blouses for work. See the thing is when you wear a bigger size the manufacturers want to charge you $40-$60 for a blouse. Seriously it's crazy the price of big gal clothes which is why I have a small wardrobe at the moment. Also as we know I want what I want when I want it so markdowns although wonderful rarely happen. I wish I could get the sales some of my friends get. One lady at work got a designer dress for only $87 dollars, it was originally $229. Nope I see nothing like that. I am thrilled when I can get the "BUY 3 PANTIES GET 2 FREE" sales at Catherine's or The Avenue.I am not opposed to paying money for an item if it is well made as it will last years but still big gal clothes fall just short of this.  Not long ago I wore a blouse that I liked to the theater and that same night the buckle on the front fell off allowing the material it held to unravel and for the life I me I couldn't figure how to put it back together. That had been only the second time I had worn it too. Ah well...such is life. 
     Time to get a movin' ...think I'm going to head to the gym after a quick bite.  Going to make some new cards too. Just bought some new background paper that I am just crazy about and want to see what I can come up with. Made a new friend on my stamping website, she is from Manchester England and really sweet.  She is going to NY with her family shortly and I have been telling her places she may want to see. My friend JoAnn from South Beach is doing well she has dropped 10 pounds so far and is thrilled. We were txting last night. I am so happy for her, in the long run our paths are the same. She told me she weighs 379 pounds now, bless her I will do whatever I can to keep her motivated and she in turns keeps me the same
way. I will post some cards later tonight so you can see what I came up with. Think I will send them to my friends daughters. I like surprises like that, I hope they will like them :-) LOL  Peace out peeps..Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment