Saturday, July 9, 2011

Helping Others By Helping Myself

I have to tell you I just got home from a great drive out to Harper's Ferry. Great little town on the Shenandoah river. We walked and looked at all the old buildiings from the early 1700's and passed by the ice scream shops, there were 3. It was a real nice afternoon and evening. Yes I got tired BUT Idid it.  Bck at home I get online to South Beach website and this woman JoAnn, request my friendship. Sure thing, I reply and she tells me that she was glad to find the site and wants to try this. We IM back and forth for awhile and apparently she needs to lose almost 300 pounds. She is afraid to do surgery because she knows someone who died from it. Okay I can understand that. Then she said one night she wanted to kill herself and she actually had a gun to her head. She continued to say that before she held the trigger her phone rang and it was her mother. She didnt pick up but instead sat there and cried, but did not pull the trigger thankfully. I'm getting weepy myself right now. I have been overweight my entire life but I never thought to kill myself over it. My heart went out to her. I have felt desperation over the years & I told her that right now I am taking baby steps and they will grow and eventually I will get to where I want to get to. It's going to take a long time and I am not always as patient as I should be. She said that she wished she looked like me. She was referring to the picture I put here as I have this one posted there too. She wanted to look like me?? I'm such a bubble and she wanted to look like me. It took me aback but then it hit!! It's all releative. She wants to look like me, I want to look like someone else and that person probably wants to look like someone also. I told her she needs to look like her and that I could tell she was a sweet lady. I gave her my email address and she gave me hers. She lives in NJ. Maybe one day on my way to my dad's I will stop by and see her. Her stats are high numbers on SBD website but I'm going to help her and by helping her I will help me as well. I told JoAnn I was going to use her to help me lose weight. She sent a LOL and said as long I could do it she would try to stay on it as well. So I have said proclaimed in my firast blog that I am losing weight for me not to look what society thinks looks good. Hell I'm stopping at about a 16 , 16 & fit!! GRRRR  LOL Now it seems I'm losing weight to help another person and THAT my friends is something I love to. Going to be interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment