Friday, July 22, 2011

BRUTAL!!

This heat is just terrible. Today we peaked at an actual 107 degrees and right now its about 99. There sky is threatening rain and I am hoping it will cool things down a bit. Like I mentioned previously I adore a nice summer rain, and love being out in one.  I also dig a good thunderstorm although with dangerous lightning I prefer being inside somewhere watching the strikes light up the sky. Pure energy!! I called my Dad to make sure he was staying cool and he has been sleeping in my old room at night with the air conditioner on. I do hope those of you reading this are staying cool as well.
     With the summer at it's peak I am reminded of when I was a child. We would go to the beach every weekend. The smell of the hot tar in the the parking lot and bologna & cheese sandwiches on a roll that is only found in NY are in my mind forever. Jones beach and Long beach was the getaway of choice. This is where my love AND fear of water began. First off I love water, the feel of it, except for over my head. I actually get a slight panic at this. Even in the shower, I never put my face under the showerhead. See one day at the beach when I was about 4 I was pulled out by an undertow and that same year I was also pushed into a pool's deep end. Funny how I actually remember these events and I know its why I am afraid to swim. When I moved to East Setauket in Long Island after I got married we had a pool in the yard. I was getting bolder and was able to dog paddle with the best of them. Alas we moved and my expertise is now gone. I would love to learn to swim so maybe one day I will go to our community center pool and take some classes...if I could just get past opening my eyes in the shower when I wash my hair! LOL I swear I just get nervous. I mean on one hand I feel well Im too heavy I will sink, then I think but I'm round so I should float, THEN I reason well huge ships stay afloat so I should be able to as well!!  I'm good at arguing with myself..hahaaha
     I get weighed this weekend..hey hey  I said WEIGHED...although  hmmm..hahaha.   Let's see what happens, don't worry I will let you know.  You will be able to sleep better knowing I'm sure ;-)   Well lovlies still at work here but wanted to check in.  Three day week next week...whoo hooo   can't wait!! Until next time peeps. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment