Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho - Its Back Home I Go

     Well the long weekend is over. I leave NY as I always do with a sense of longing. I want to stay. I love NY and always feel bad when I leave. Pat will never move there...ah well. 
     Okay the weekend was fab!! One so cool thiing was I was driving to get some groceries and one of the blocks was cut off. They were having a block party. I loved out block parties. suddenly I was brought back to when I was a kid. Every family on the block came out and made different food and we'd all have some of everyone's food and play games. We had the run of the street, out came the roller skates and skateboards. Tic Tac Toe boards drawn in chalk. Ah the good old days were right there again and it made me smile from the inside out. 
     Well I basically chilled with dad on Thursday. Went grocery shopping, did some cooking, laundry, went through closets. Then I had to go up to my bedroom, which is the only room in the house that has air conditioning. I started to get ready for the evening and all of a sudden the rain came. Trish luckily had just gotten to my house. There was a literal river running down the sides of the street when it was time to go. I mentioned this in my prior blog so I wont bore you again. Saturday was a visit to Trish's house and when I went to go there I got lost and ended up at the beach. It was an accident  I swear hehehehe  although it was beautiful to see the ocean and even better to smell the ocean.  Finally got there and hung out for awhile then I went back home, devoured a salad in record time then went to shower to get ready to go to Paul & Eriks home. I have known Paul over 25 years and we have a very close relationship. I love that man to pieces and I so enjoy going to their home. It has such a nice feel to it, very welcoming. Was a nice night. Paul got together a cook out and we had burgers and sausages. I was evil and brought a decadent cheesecake with me and yes I had a sliver. Which in turn made me jump on the scale when I got home tonight. Well not jump on the scale, I don't want to have to buy a new one. But even with that I lost 2 pounds this week. So my total is 23 pounds. I am sure 2 pounds will be more the norm, or even 1 pound and that's fine with me. As long as it's on the down side. I am at the point now where I need to exercise in order to lose and I wasn't at a gym all so I am pleased.
     One thing is pissing me off. That's our government. They may be running out of money! Really? So my dad may not get his Social Security check on Tuesday. Okay dad has a pension as well but what if he didn't? It's disgraceful. I hear people say oh USA is the best, well right now I'm not feeling that. Next year Im headed to England, now my friend paul has been there 3 times and he laughed and said "Mary Lee, I know you. YOU will not want to leave and I wouldn't be surprised to hear you are moving there"  LOL I swear that's what he said. hahaha I think England would put some kind of restriction to me - limiting me to short visits. LMAO 
     Well my lovlies, I;m saying good night  Tomorrow is Lammas Day and I will be celebrating with a bit of mead ;-) x

No comments:

Post a Comment