Saturday, July 16, 2011

Me, My Car and Mayhem

     There is no mayhem, but I couldn't think of another "M" word and usually there is at least a little mayhem somewhere nearby. So go with it okay?  Last night there was a full moon and the pull to go out and take a good look was strong. So out I go, put the top down and go for another night drive.  I love this time alone. I love the feel of the wind as it blows my hair all around, the smell of the flowers that grow wild along the road, I love everything about it. I feel my most free at these times. I parked and looked up onto the night sky and there she shone down on me. Illuminating my surroundings in a soft glow. I looked and I saw several deer in the field and they were silhouettes against the backdrop of the sky. I wish I had a camera but the photo wouldn't have come close to the live experience.  I want to fly sometimes so high up just soar above the din and get a fresh view of my world. I think in my past life I was a nomad of sorts. Sadly I have not traveled to far in this life except in books that make my wanderlust even more of an ache. Slowly I am getting my footing and my journey is starting again. Years ago I would just pack a duffel bag, throw it in the trunk of my car (interestingly another Mustang Convertible) and drive. I followed my nose up 95N to Massachusetts or Connecticut or some other sea town. I would talk with people at a pub or go down to the ocean and smell the sea air and listen to the waves. I met lots of interesting people, and heard lots of cool stories. Kids were the best, they would come over just to say hi because you were in their line of sight. How refreshing since nowadays if you even look at another person they look the other way. When did we get so nervous about interaction with other people?? I smile at people a lot and I have found that most smile back. I am my own paradox!  I love the quiet solitude yet I adore being with people. I am a Libra, the scales...yes balance is important to me. I see both sides and want each one!!  LOL 
     Well it's the weekend and I'm off to explore the farmers market for fresh veggies. Oh there is my mayhem. I actually am finding that I LIKE veg!!!  I mean I've always liked TO veg, but now I realize the earth grows some pretty tasty treats. HAHA  right now you are thinking...Mary you were just telling us about your freedom and trips and how the hell did we end up at veggies?!  I'll tel you how.....these are MY thoughts. I am like a remote control that someone changes channels on all the time. I will go off on tangents quicker than you can say boo! Get in my car with me and you will never know where we can end up, but isn't that part of what life should be?? I mean we work and do what we have to but what's wrong with just going where the wind leads you on occasion. I have found you have the best adventures that way :-)
     Okay enough blog for now, I'm outta here, may be back, who knows, not me and not even "The Shadow" knows. hahahahahaha  Later.........

No comments:

Post a Comment