Monday, June 1, 2015

Let's Talk About My Da

     Just got off the phone with a friend and after a great convo, we touched on my dad. He was brought up as we were discussing meter readers, and my dad pulled a great one. As you all will remember, my dad, Ed, is a 87 year young skinny old Irishman. Cute as a button too. He is also, at this point the oldest semi, original owners of the houses on our block in Queens. Meaning he bought his house in 1962, I was a baby. So dad knew everyone back then, still knows lots of them. Anyway, I digress. So every month the lady comes to read the water meter, so of course dad knows her name, facts like her daughter had another baby and do on. So not long back my dad is telling me the last time she came to read the meter she asks my dad how old he is. Without blinking he answers 72! THE MAN IS 86!! He starts laughing saying " I have no idea why I told her that?" Of course I tease him, that he's coming on to her. He's too much. The man has an eye for da ladies still. Lol
     He still has friends from when he was a kid. He has a friend who he knows since he was 10 years old. Unreal, 76 year friendship. How many people can say that?!  The same group of guys were pals for years, sad to say it's just 3 of them now. The rest have died. Ugh. One friend became a chef, even owned a French restaurant in Manhattan too. My parents said he was superb. Well go back, he and the guys including my dad, we're all hanging out. They are about 17 or so. The one guy Rene, tells my dad he's going to cook. My dad was a good eater, still is. So Rene goes and takes dog food and adds spices and makes hamburgers. Of course he offers my dad some, dad loves the fog good burgers, has 3 of them. The guys are laughing their asses off my dad said, and he then finds out why. He ate 3 dog food burgers. Which back then it was horsemeat. Love that man.  He will sit and talk. Have a beer with most anyone.  My friends love him.
     It's funny, I always thought I was a lot like my mom, seems I'm actually more like my dad.  Hubs says thus makes him nervous, he's waiting for hair in my ears he said. Haha so funny, NOT!!
     Well peeps not a lot tonight, so I'm going to say night night. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment