Saturday, June 27, 2015

It's Not New - Hell I'M Not New!

   Basic freedoms and acceptance is what I'm talking about. Yesterday the United States Of America ruled that same sex marriage will be allowed in every one of it's 50 states. It was an instant rainbow fest all over social media, companies and big corporations. As expected there was a large amount of opposition for this as well. Mainly religious groups and die hard republicans, and surprisingly a few democrats as well, but I'm thinking they should be in the religious grouping. Did I go and post supportive notices and put a rainbow overlay on my Facebook profile pic? Why yes I did! Why? Because I have friends who are homosexual and I have seen them struggle with things I don't have too. Taxes, health insurances. I'm not going to include strange or condescending looks, because as a fat female I DO know what that's like.  I am pleased they are no longer being singled out for loving differently. That brings me to my other point. I never understood the big deal of it. Perhaps it's because I don't read the bible as the end all be all. I find that difficult since there are so many versions by different people. Anyone who has ever played the game telephone can attest the fact that the last thing said is always never the original statement. The basics I get, right and wrong, treating others as I want to be treated. I don't need a bible to tell me about morality and common sense. So I am thrilled the U.S. got it right for a change. I am a bit saddened though that with all of this joy, came such tragic news that seemed to take a background. It deserves to be shared as well, France, Tunisia, & Kuwait suffered yesterday. Mass killings of innocent people, and one extreme group has claimed responsibility. We know of whom I refer.   It's tragic that life means so little to these people. I get scared at what's happening to our world. One more reason to celebrate so hard on these triumphs like marriage equality.
      I was speaking awhile back to a friend who wants to take a holiday. I loved the places mentioned. One was Egypt. I would just love to go there. It's been a dream, but I'm fearful, as there is much unrest in that country. It was mentioned not to worry as it's not in the tourist areas, high end areas so to speak. The killings in Tunisia, they were at a high end resort, full of tourists.  I am very naive I suppose. I just can't see why people want to hate one another so much that they want to kill them. If I don't like someone, I avoid them. I think maybe that's why I need assurance when I don't hear from people. I need to know its not because they don't like me, but they just need their time.  Lol This world is huge, and so many beautiful things to see, why can't we all embrace this, celebrate this, instead of fighting over it. Accept people for who they are. The same sex marriage issue, it should never have even been an issue. I suppose this is a rant? It's really more of a written down sigh, and shake of my head.  I love my friends, I trust a few with my life. I love my family ( and we are crazy lol) I try very accept people as they are. Or like I said I leave them be.  Oh well.  A faint Saturday post.  Ciao For  Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment