Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Bullying or Funny?

     How do we define bullying? Isn't it when others, hurt physically or emotionally someone perhaps different looking, or weaker, or shy, or a nerd, etc. this makes the person sad, uncomfortable and worse injures them or in the most extreme causes so much grief it results in death? We've all seen it, read the articles and perhaps even done it a little bit. Right? So we are now adults and we don't do this, we fight for our children and those who are bullied. We post righteous posts on our Facebook pages. Well I have to say I saw something today on a persons page that really made me sad. I was actually surprised that they posted this video. The video showed a large, okay fat, lady trying to put on a pair of jeans. She had a belly, round and blemish free pale skinned. She was in her undies and she actually was pulling up her belly to stuff it into the jeans that obviously weren't going to fit. I admit I was surprised she let that be filmed. One of the next posts on his page was support of people who helped a child being bullied, and asking or support against bullying.  Something clicked and I thought, yay for you for being against bullying yet you posted a video obviously making fun of a fat chick putting on ridiculously too small pants. Hmmmm, excuse me, but isn't making fun of someone bullying of sorts? So......
It amazes me that on one hand you have all these groups who over the years are now for the most part accepted, Bruce Jenner is now Caitlyn, yet we still find making fun of fat people perfectly okay? Look, I'm fat, I kid around myself. I have done this most of my life, because if I laughed at me like they did then they hung around, they played with me. Gave me a chance, my reason was to prove I could, they probably wanted me to trip or fall , I don't know.  I went through this my entire life. When I was young I would cry. My friends, the real ones stayed by me, but others would say mean things. A note was put on my desk in 7th grade. On it was the question - Do fat people use more soap when they take a bath? I ignored it, but I still remember it. Says a lot doesn't it? I've grown up, I've learned to be comfortable in my skin with the help of some dear people and my own self. So, am I immune to taunts now, have I grown such a thick skin that none of it bothers me? Nope. It will always bother me, the way ALL bullying and making fun of , or hurting bothers me.  So please be mindful of your words or  actions. Those kids don't deserve to be bullied, to be in fear of being or looking different. Those kids don't, nor do those teens, young adults, or adults. We are all different. Some of us are different colors, different sizes, love different people.  We enjoy different things   ALL bullying sucks. Laugh with me, not at me.
Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment