Wednesday, June 17, 2015

If I Could I Would - And I Just May

     I am a Pinterest junkie, I admit this freely. Its a great website.  You can find anything on there and its safe to open at work, unlike Tumblr. I dont have to worry about inappropriate photos popping up on my work screen. I save that for when I am home, as I rather enjoy inappropriate photos  LMAO  Well I did a major overhaul last night in my bathroom. I threw out old jars of lotions and potions that promised me the same face I had when I was 25. They were just gathering dust for two reasons. 1) They are old and you shouldn't use any cosmetic after too long sitting on the shelf and 2) I simply lost interest in them as they didn't work or I got bored and a new even better similar substance came out.   I did use the ones that were more expensive as I am not wasting money but over the years I learnt that many inexpensive ones worked just as well. This applied to most, EXCEPT one under eye concealer my friend introduced me to. He bought me a couple of the Touche Eclat concealers and they are marvelous. I will now use no other.  Over the years my face has of course changed. The smoothness is gone and wrinkles have appeared. I don't mind them. I earned everyone of them, and all things considered they are not that bad. I am 53 years old and I have seen women younger than me with the same or more amount of wrinkles  I was told the other day i am good at "that pout look" and I really am, I am a selphie queen I guess  LOL BUT things catch my eye and I bring them to notice, like one pic i have when I took time and did my make up really well and actually had much more on than I usually wear. I love the pic and the make up turned out very well if I do say so myself BUT I do not wear a lot of make up on a day to day basis. neither did my mother. She was not a glam woman but her beauty shone from the inside. I only hope that one day someone will say the same for me.  I have cleared that bathroom shelving and now intend to replace the bottles with homemade concoctions of my own that I find work very well. My own toothpaste, lip gloss, lip scrub and bath sugar scrubs.  One reason I love Pinterest. There are so many wonderful recipes for all of these and more. They include coconut oil which i now own a rather large jar of. It can be used to moisturize, of well you've heard me talk about it before. Its just that I adore it so much. I'm making a mask tonight to put on my hair to help with the dryness that dying it does to the hair.  Yep got the formula on Pinterest  :-D 
Look, here is me, no make up really, just a bit of gloss on my lips and yes I know I am in major need or a haircut, so fine, I'm shaggy, no pout, straight on, still fat but getting there. Really not my best pic but an honest one. I'm a happy woman as of late, and for some reason today I am feeling very powerful. So get ready, dont freak out, ME in all no make up glory......
See wrinkles but I'm smiling and i dont think I look bad for my age. I'm quite prod of getting her. trust me after antics in NYC during the mid to late 80's I sometimes think I'm luck I'm alive.   The crowd I traveled in was very free shall I say. I went to clubs and then "clubs" (names like Paddles, and Hellfire. The of course the dance clubs, Magique, The Tunnel, Danceteria, Limelight. 
Oh peeps my 20's were fantastic!! LOL 
Anyway, getting back to Pinterest and life in general I guess.Simplify is the word of the day! I'm trying and I will keep getting recipes and formulas from Pinterest, as well as look at mid century mad men furniture and drool over it. hahahaha
 I think what I'm trying to say is that I've finally embraced who I am. I think everyone should. Never be afraid to say yes I have lived, I've struggled, I fucking survived what life has thrown at me.  I crumble sometimes, oh hell I do, my close friends know this all too well, but I bounce back. I always will too. 
     Getting back , again, to the topic I started with, there was one really. LOL I am stripping down my life, trying to simplify things around me. I will get my hair done as I am vain about my hair, Do not judge that from the pic above  LOL As you can see i have no problem looking shaggy.  I will always be the gal who spills pizza sauce on her blouse or accidentally causes a waiter to trip over her purse in a restaurant, and blush abut it. LOL   I just want to clean out the things in my life that take time and by doing this I also have a way to use my time so I don't get bored and eat.  I'm not going to obsess anymore on this, Im eating better I am losing and FINALLY my ankles are not looking like two blimps at the end of the day. HIZZAH!!  I want to be able to in the near future take a photo of my cabinet in my bathroom and show you all the fun things I've made.   Okay  I think I may have had too much tea today, LMAO so i will say Ciao For Now 

No comments:

Post a Comment