Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Wind Down Again

     Well this weekend was decent enough. Spent the day yesterday catching with an old friend. He and I knew each other years ago, and of course thanks to Facebook we re-connected. He's yet to accept my friend request  LOL but we had a nice chat. He was married years ago, has 2 children and is now divorced. He sent me a picture of himself, he looks pretty much the same, dark hair, dark eyes bit more rugged and more face hair then back in the day LOL  He said I look better than I used to, and I asked if he wore glasses. hahaha  We promised to keep in touch but I'm still waiting for that friends request to be accepted :-D   Other than that, lets see, I did the normal, shopping, cleaning and oh I did find the perfect gift for my friend for his birthday, he reads this blog and hehe  all I can say is I'm brilliant!!! Goofy but brilliant!! Then at night the hubs and I watched a movie and just enjoyed each others company.  
     Today I went to my in-laws to bake some irish soda bread. I love their kitchen and the bread turned out well I think..... it tasted yummy! LOL Made 6 loaves. Was nice to see them and the neighbor dog came to visit and they tried to get him on the treadmill and the poor pup wanted nothing to do with it. Such a sweet dog he is.
That's a pic of the bread I made: Please feel free to ask for the recipe if you want it, heck leave some comments I LOVE reading comments, imagine that?! wink wink
     I have a bit of a weird thing going on, the skin on my face near my mouth is really flaky and dry. I gave myself a facial and it helped but tonight I think a full fledged facial treatment is needed. I have a Neem mask to  help my pores and then I made a mask with pineapple juice and honey and a few other things. The pineapple juice is a natural astringent and helps with clogged pores and the honey moisturizes beautifully. Smells good enough to eat and I suppose you could if you wanted to. I have read so many beauty books, make-up book, natural skin care and love to make my own scrubs and masks. I make things and give them out to my friends and they seem to like them. I like that they are natural. I also just bought new make up brushes and some new lipstick. I'm a silly girl and there are times I do get "girly", like bubble baths and face care, make up and nails.  Now must tell you I love my nails but I don't freak if one breaks and I had 3 do just that this week. So I cut them all down so they can grow out strong. It's easier to type I will admit that. hahaahaha. 
     I will say it felt really good to hear my sister in law say to me that my clothes were all baggy, she was like at your clothes all hanging off you. I do need to get new jeans, and I will soon enough too! I am going to need lots of new clothes but I need to wait a little more. I was thinking on my home from the in-laws that being fat has made me who I am really. I mean when you are put down and embarrassed early in life but people you don't know you learn to assess things a little differently. You choose your words carefully, you learn not to treat the people you speak with the way you were treated. Over the years I developed who I am, I love people, I love talking to them but it was not always easy to get them to talk to me. Once in camp I won camper of the day and as such we got the huge chunk of ice that used to cool our "bug juice". it was Kool-Aid but bug juice sounded cooler. Who won usually let others lick the ice and I of course did the same thing but no one wanted it. One kid said they didn't want to catch being fat from me. I cried the entire bus ride home, I made sure to go to the back of the bus so no one would see. Ah thankfully those days are over but as you have read I still get ousted once in a while for being fat! I am lucky that i have a big support group who have helped me realize my worth and I just want to help others do the same.  I came across a quote from Mark Twain that said "Live so that when you die even the undertaker mourns" or something like that. I have often wondered that, kind of a Wonderful Life scenario, who have I touched and in what way. I can easily say who I would miss more than life itself and what they have done for me, but sometimes its hard to think that you have done things that effect others, but i suppose we all do :-)  Well peeps it's time to get that Neem mud on my face, maybe some teabags on my eyes to tighten the skin around them and reduce the swelling.   LOL   So until next we meet, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment