Monday, March 26, 2012

Back To Normal (Who the hell we kidding!?)

     Oh Monday, start of the work week and a normal week for me. No days off and no thngs going on really. Well except for the deck I am sure you are all tired of hearing about. It's going to happen and now he said he will throw in some short railings on the edges if we want for free , COOL!!!  We Want! LOL  I sent a long email to the lady who handles the home association in regards to what we are doing and told jher it's getting down and to back off. It's getting done but it will take a few weekends. With the rain this past weekend we lost 2 days of outside work and I will not be around Saturday. Why you ask? Well thank you - I will getting my new tattoo!! Whoot Whoot doing the happy bunny dance of joy!!
     Sunday I would like to go to my in-laws as they want me to teach them my meatball recipe and my pasta sauce recipe,  Now I call that gravy, my mom did as did my Nona, her mother and so on. All my Italian friends from NY (Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island) and a few from PA also call it that. Now I am told we are wrong as its a sauce not gravy. BUT!! By definition a gravy is a sauce that meat cooks in. See I do fry my meatballs and sausage but then they go in my gravy for the last 4 hours of simmering so yes it is indeed a proper gravy!! So there PBBBT!  I will accept the term red gravy or as my Nona used to say Sunday gravy as we always had macaroni on Sundays. If there is no meat in it then it's a Marinara sauce. Ah no matter what you call it, it's yummy. Oh and I did say the last 4 hours as my gravy cooks for about 8 or 9 hours, all day making the house smell unbelievably delicious!! I make a lot of it too, as its silly to make a small amount - it's an all day process, so I just freeze it for later use. Okay I am officially getting hungry now HAHAHA What's good is by making your own, you know what's in it, and I add very little salt and no sugar at all. It's thick and rich and full of meat flavor. You want some now don't ya?  You bet you do!!! ;-D
     I was going through my closet yesterday and that dress that I bought, the new gray one is already too big on me! I may have it taken in next season as I really like it or I may donate it, I'm not sure.  I need clothes but I have so many summer frocks for work and I just need to lose a little more to get in them. I will too!!
     I am also making a grain pie for Easter, it's a tradition and I really like tradition. To me there is something comforting about drawing on the past. I feel your past, your heritage strengthens your present and pushes you towards your future. All that froma pie Mary? LOL No but what's behind the pie, yes! My Nona taught me how to make this, my mom didn't so Nona did it and then I did it. I love stories of how things were for my relatives back then and I adore pictures!! I love all pictures, just ask my friends. I collect them like another person would collect stamps or something. I am sure I go overbaord with it. I know that's so hard to believe about me :-D hehehe
     I am getting ready to leave here so I will bid you all a good night, so Ciao For Now.       

No comments:

Post a Comment