Sunday, March 25, 2012

Okay Friday Until Sunday

    So we rented the truck and went there to get it early AM. Had a bite of breaky first then off to U-Haul. Get the truck home and then off to get a new shed for the yard. So after we bring the pieces for this behemouth of a shed back into the yard, we are ready to move the motorcycle up the ramp and into the truck, easy peezy right?  NOPE!!  First off the bike weighs 600 pounds and it doesn't run. Hubs has hasn't ridden it in over a year as he says"The people on the road to his job are nuts" So he attempts to get it into position by the ramp. Yea that doesn't happen! So we push this bike and then try to get it up the ramp! Yea I repeat that ain't happenin'!! I then suggest maybe we should try to charge the battery and he can then ride the bike up the ramp. So we charge it for awhile. In the meantime doing small things in the yard and by now the sun is peaking and its 83 degrees out. We are both sweating and the bike is not taking the charge.  I am trying to help push this damn thing but I just don't have the strength. I mean I am pushing it but not good at trying to get this up the ramp.  So hubs calls his brother to come help. Brother is not able to leave right then but will in a little while.  I put on my thinking cap and ask why can't we switch out the truck, which we have used for what we wanted already, and get a pick up with a motorcycle hitch. Hubs says call and find out if that's possible, and I do and they have one, so off we go and do the exchange.  So we get back and hubby tries to back the trailer into the driveway. Now if you have ever seen Top Gear when they went camping and James May backed the camper into a post at a gas station you would be thinking of this right now. I had to bite my tongue not to laugh he has worked so hard up till now. Finally he drove the trailer straight and we just pushed the bike up to the trailer. I lower the back gate and then push the bike while hubs in on it onto the trailer.  Then he gets the tie down straps (will have to use those for other things at some point - wink wink  LMAO ) and secures the bike. God it was so easy, why we didn't think of it before?Oh well hindsight is 20-20. Hubs bought four tie down straps but used only two, bike is standing and secure (maybe). So off we go ..ALL DONE! Yippee, whoohoo, alright!!  So I'm follwing the truck and off we go. First turn out of our block and BAM the bike falls onto it's side  HOLY SHIT!!!  So off we pull onto the shoulder of the road and out come the other 2 ties. Hubs is looking at the bike and I see the fender is broken where it hit. Poor man, I know he is thinking he should have used all 4 straps right away. So I say criss cross them which we do and that bike is not going anywhere it is tied down tight!!  (yea baby, I'm good at tying things up lol) So we finally get to his brothers house and put the bike in garage. So then we get back and I had a message from the contractor and great news we are getting our deck built on Wednesday. I am so happy about that!  So  it was a very busy Friday and was nice because we got a visit in with the in-laws.
         So I forgot to say when I went to get my hair done, first thing the girl says to me is wow you have lost weight! I loved hearing that, she hadn't seen me since January. So Saturday we were going to do more yardwork but the skies opened up and we got rain, all day. So we just relaxed, it was nice, we went window shopping online looking at stuff for the house. I liked that hubs was thinking of it too. Only thing that scares me a little is that we have this huge deck expense, then next month we have the taxes , two 4 digit checks inside of a month are going to put a hurting on the bank account but we have to and I am very grateful that we have it and lots of others don't so we are doing okay! Yes I would like to keep our savings in the bank but thats what they are for right? 
      So Saturday night we went to the ABC store, in VA that is the state of VA Alcoholic Beverage Control, see ABC - easy as 123!! lmao We got some whipped cream vodka and I got diet orange soda and together it tastes just like a dreamcicle or creamcicle like from when I was a kid.  They were ice cream bars that were vanilla ice cream with orange sherbert around them.  The drinks were good!! I had 4 and was drunk.  It was a funny night I will say that. Lots of good laughs. So here we are at Sunday, still raining. Hubby and I went grocery shopping and then had breakfast. Now we are just relaxing. I am making a lovely dinner, with sole fish sauteed over diced tomatoes and potatoes , with italian herbs and a little white wine. You simmer the sauce then after you pan sear the fish you place it in the sauce and let it cook and its yummy. Then my night gets better as the TV show I really like called Mad Men starts tonight, I'm a silly simple girl that way  :-)
    Well there ya have it, the weekend round up. Of course there were thngs I'm not putting in as well I dont want this blog 7 pages long and i'm sure you dont either. So until next time  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment