Tuesday, March 13, 2012

As promised I'm back :-)

     So yay I got to speak to the birthday girl and she is so sweet. I asked her if she knew who I was and she said no. When I told her, she got all excited! Mind you I never have met these children in person but they already warm my heart big time!! She told me that she was going to a tea party and was having a really nice day. I so loved the tea party idea. If you don't know that I love tea, well I do!! Very much. I love tea parties and the "ceremony" of tea. How to make a proper pot by warming it first then making the brew, but I digress!!  We had a sweet chat and then hung up and I realized not once did I speak to her parents. OMG  how rude of me!! So I texted her dad but then I figured hell I'll just call back and speak to one of them. I called and I got the other sister and had a great chat with her also, and poor thing is losing her voice, but she was telling me all about the dress she will be wearing as a bridesmaid in her uncle's upcoming nuptuals. I don't think I stopped smiling one second during the story. I then spoke to Mom and she laughed when I told her why I was calling, we spoke a bit & then I had to get back to work and she had to go out as well. I got the birthday girl a charm for her Pandora bracelet. It's a little box all done up like a present, so I figured thats my present LOL The charm is actually a present, how literal! hahaha
     Well peeps I must say the weather today, and actually all this week is going to feel like perfection! Mid to high 70's and this afternoon I went out to my car during lunch and put the top down and just enjoyed the breeze! I did NOT want to come back in but alas I was born gorgeous not rich!  BWAHAHAHAHAHA   Yea right!! :-)
I love the days like this and you can smell Spring in the air, there's a freshness that is not there in the Winter.  I remember growing up this was the time of year that my Mom always started to hang the laundry outside again, mainly the sheets because they smelled so good when you took them off the line. They were warm from the sun and smelled so fresh. My dad used to put his face into the laundry basket and take a deep sniff, made me laugh to see him do it, which I suspect is partly why he did. Plus they DID smell great. My Mom never got a dryer becasue she loved it so much and man I remember multiple times her crying out because the line broke and all the laundry fell on the grass. She had her own weird 5 second rule with that too in regards to determine if she had to re-do the washing. LOL   Then there was that mad dash when it was sunny out then all of a sudden it started to pour rain. It was like battlestations!!! Mom would run to get the laundry in, Dad & I would take care of the closing of the screen windows so no rain would get in and then we would get the rags to wipe up the water from the rain that ALWAYS got in!!  Once I had washed a blouse for school and Mom said hang it outside. I said it was too cold I will hang it downstairs. She hung it out and then we both forgot about it. Next morning while we had breakfast we saw it hanging on the line and she went to get it. It was frozen solid!! The water in the blouse had frozen, stiff as a board it was and she looked at me and we both just burst out laughing.   Those are such great memories. I can still smell those fresh sheets in my mind.  :-D  I have got so many funny stories, well funny to me and I'm sure just as boring as that laundry ones were just now, but since you read this I hope you got a smile out of them too.
     We changed our clocks this past Sunday (daylight savings started) and even though it's still dark when I leave work, it's not dark dark. There are still streaks of light out to the west and you just know there will be more and more as the days progress.  OH OH OH  I have to tell you!! Last week there was a full moon and the day after, well that night after, I was driving home after work and I drove up a hill and when I reached the crest this huge and I mean huge moon appeared in the sky. Cars were actually slowing down, as did I, so we could look at it. It was truly magickal!! I wanted to take a picture of it but of course I was driving and that would have been bad! 
     Well all I am going to sign off now as I want to see if I can find any good shopping deals. The store I go to emailed me a special code only good for today for 30 to 60% off so I am obligated to go look - right?  hehehe   So as always I leave you with Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment