Friday, March 2, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies

     Okay I had 2 Thin Mint cookies today. It was just that kind of day and I wanted them.  It's a trad for me as I WAS first a Brownie then a Girl Scout! Unlike the girls now a days that acost you in front of the grocery stores I had to go door to door to sell MY cookies!! I did it every year for 4 years. My Mom was a Cadet leader so I went on lots of Cadet outings and Girl Scout stuff that many of  my own troup didn't get to go on. It was a fun time and a simpler one and I find myself very nostalgic when I think about it.  Now 2 cookies are not terrible and I looked at the calorie and sugar content. Of course there is sugar but 10grams per serving, I had 2 cookies which is half a serving so 5g of sugar to quell my inner child. I can do that. Tomorrow is the gym and I am now saited in the girl scout cookie area. Just the other day whilst shopping I bought 3 boxes from a sweet little girl and her mom and then when they asked which cookies I wanted, I told them to keep the cookies for themselves, I just wanted to donate.  I also bought some to send my Dad, he likes the peanut butter ones.
     Peeps it's Friday and it has been raining buckets all day. My leg really hurts and no I did not get to the Dr.  I will go tomorrow after the gym as they are near each other.  It's not as red but it burns a bit and before this gets ugly I need some antibiotics methinks.  I know it cant be anything serious as they took SO much blood from me and ran extensive tests when I was in the hospital. I tell you, the more I get fit the more that things are happening to me. C-R-A-Z-Y shit man!!!   hahahaha
     I am making some cards this weekend, I have two birthdays. One is for a friend here at work and the other is for my friends youngest. She is the one who made me my mug, did I show you all?? It's just precious and I adore it, here it is  :
I drink my tea in it every day here at work. It makes me smile even when i am stressed. I have several things like that on my desk and another are my S&P shakers that were given to me by a dear friend as well as my oyster shells.  They remind me of my friend, good talks, and that life is about experiencing new things and sharing things you have done with those you care about!! WOW that's a lot for 2 smalls shells to hold  HAHAHAHA, but they do.
      I am enjoying the evening now with my hubs and the surprise thunder that sounds a bit more rumbly than normal. Now it's pouring  hahahahaha   I love the randomness of weather sometimes. It appeals to me :-D  I love orderly chaos. Like I adore a sleek modern look, yet part of me loves curves and alcoves and bay windows. A glorious mix of textures and shapes. Brick walls, with wooden beams and diamond windows , warmed by a huge hearth with a roaring fire. I love throwing things up in the air and see what comes down. Ah yes the smoke is in the air and I am giddy, so I am off to enjoy the rest of the night. Think I will go put the kettle on. Ciao for now peeps

   

No comments:

Post a Comment