Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Afternoon

    When I was young I loved that song by the Moody Blues, as I got older and could really appreciate the entire album I fell in love with the song all over again. That's what I love about music, I think I may have said this before;  but you can listen to a song in one frame of mind and when you listen in another you hear the same exact song a very different way. It's wonderful and I love all music, some songs of course find their way on my Ipod more than others but all types and all genres. I really don't care much for country though but now and again a Brad Paisly song will attract my attention, or Jace "damn I can't think of his last name", he does the theme for True Blood, now that song I REALLY like.   Right now I am listening to a Frank Ocean song.
     Oh we are still queing like mad at work but now as the evening comes the calls are dying down for us here in benefits. Now I can't say the same for payroll and unfortunately as supervisor I have to wait for everyone to be done before I can leave,  but I have hopes for tonight :-D  I inquired if we were going to work this Saturday and my manager more or less forbid me. Hahahaha  Well not really, but she did say that I have worked the last 2 weekends so I need to take a weekend off, so I have rescheduled my hair appointment and perhaps Hubs and I can get into some much needed mischief! Perhaps a dinner out as well. Since we are both on phase 1 of South Beach it will more than likely be Outback steakhouse.  Decent steak and a decent price plus they have veggies and salads that round out the meal. Sadly for Pat no Bloomin' Onion but I think he realizes his Bloomin' Onion days will now be far and few between. I know its weird but it really is so much easier with him doing this. it's nice to have someone to look through recipies and streamline them with. He's quite inventive and last night I made my own tomato ketchup or sauce as some of you I think call it.  It tasted really good too. We had a little on burgers.  I looked up a recipe and OMG the amount of sugar in it was unreal. I added a little Splenda but I was able to add the spices we liked and when I was done you had a very smooth aromatic, full bodied ketchup that you could taste the tomato in.  I was quite pleased with myself  LMAO :-D     
     I went to the gym today and well my knee is actually okay (knock wood). I am still going slow but I need to move this saucy ample being that is me!  I am pleased as today I went to the bathroom like 8 times so far since I got up. EWWWW but I was becoming a camel of sorts for who knows why and i feel my bounce coming back to my step. I feel almost normal again.  I mean yes I still need to get hubs to come with me to Ikea so we can pick out our kitchen cabinets. It will look so pretty and at that point we will buy a new refridgerator. We are using the little one but it works since we both eat mainly at work during the week.
     Speaking about eating at work, I was sitting here at lunch today chomping on grape tomatoes like bon-bons. Popping them into my mouth as I did my work. I feel like I eat more when I South beach proper and I do really, 2 main meals and 2 small snack meals. But it works and its my own food. Ack enough about food.  :-D
     Got an email from Jo-Ann today and it was so nice to read. She si funny and we were talking about that show Mob Wives. She loves it. I have never seen it but I have seen commercials for it.  I don't know the women on ther are so stereo typical New jersey/ Brooklynish Italian Mob views. Big hair, lots of make up, lots of ornate surroundings....basically it looks like my Cousin Joannas house! LOL  Yep I don't need to watch it as i have lived it.  Remember the scene in Goodfellas when they are introducing Henry around?  All the names were the same, it really is my mom's side of the family (the Italian side)  In no particlular order and with no lies  we have ..Frankies, Paulies, Tonys, Roccos, Carmines, Juniors, Louies, and female we have ...Connies, Antoinettes, Maries, Donnas, Francies, Lucilles, are you getting my drift?  LOL   I can't remember a holiday get togwther that didnt have a salad course, a macaroni (pasta if you will) course, then a meat course and  naturally a dessert course!!  I was doomed at the start.  I learned how to make sauce at ten, meatballs followed right after and Tiramisu by age 13. I have since improved on that and make one of the best I  have tasted and thats from other people not from me!!  :-D  Yes I'm bragging  LMAO   Yea I know I said no more talk of food.    Okay I'll stop now :-D
     I feel the stirrings of life being good again, things got buried for some odd reason and I am really starting in this past wek to feel better about everything. I dont knwo why. Do we ever know why we have these changes of heart? I am just glad I was able to muddle through it and well here we are at the end of my blog for the night. Thank you for participating and the management hopes you have had a good time. Do come back :-D    Oh and of course.....Ciao for now ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment