Friday, January 20, 2012

Sometimes things JUST happen!! (minor vent Im sorry)

     So goes my weekend. There are numerous things that will not be going on, the main event is of course the girls weekend. The one girl had a procedure done and she is still not well enough to drive, also the weather is not co-operating. What may be a small amount of snow or slush by me in VA may very well turn into a proper snowfall in PA. My snow skills are quite good being raised in NY but my car is rear wheel drive and although she performs better than you would think in local drives for a long drive like that I would not chance it. PLUS I am working now tomorrow. So the only thing that stands unchanged is my hair appointment. LOL  I am not worried about the working as I am going to help with emails. We are still so slammed and everyone who can is working. great for our hourly workers but I'm salary :-)  I am doing what I can now to help but I am taking a 30 minute dinner break to clear the cobwebs out of my brain. Like I mentioned I have no issue working tomorrow. Its going to have to be a team effort and hopefuly we will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just hoping that it's not another train ;-D 
      Another reason I want to stay home is that hubs found out today that he had type 2 Diabetes. Now side note to my SISTER IN LAW who I know on ocassion reads my blog. Please do not mention this to him, he will bring it up if he feels it. He does not need pills or injections, it's not severe but he does need to change his diet and excersise more. So he is going on South Beach phase one in the morning. I have been doing it and slighty slaking so this is just the kick I need. I am in full support of my hubs and love him and support him. We are a team so together we will get it under control and maybe even defeat it as the doctor said that's a very good possiblity. He will never have to worry as we are in this together. If anything it will make it easier I think so onward and upward. 
     Life throws you curveballs and you have to play the game you get and win!!! He will, I will too. I'm at 43 pounds now  I lost another pound.  WHOOT WHOOT  I am down almost 2 full dress sizes now. I think when the spring arrives I will go on a small shopping spree. LOL 
     It's just between work being crazy and all this medical shit going around, myself included with my knee (YEP STILL!!!) I need some fun news and I am so trying not to bug my friends as they have their own things going on.  I think that's why I was looking so forward to this girls weekend but what ya going to do?? LOL   I know  WAAA WAA WAA I sound like such a baby. Even to my own ears, so I will take a deep breath and do what needs to be done and I am SURE there are fun times ahead! 
     What was sweet though, was last night.  I was talking with my dad, as he and Mom were married January 19, 1952. I know long time ago and I didnt come along until a long time after. I called to wish him a Happy Anniversary. He was telling me how he met my mom and how it was when they first got married. You could hear the smile on his face and it was so great. Bittersweet for him I'm sure but he was laughing and I made him laugh even more, told him he worked his charm on her.  hehehehe   It made me smile thinking of the life they had. Of course I was a perfect child!! Ahem, cough , cough... ;-D  They were great parents that I didnt realize were great until I got older.  
     Random thoughts now, like I wonder if my cards made it to Merry Ol England yet?? Waiting for mine too. I bought new inks and want to play with them tomorrow and see what I can come up. I am feeling very creative lately and made  2 wall hangings.  I want to do some abstract artwork and am thinking of buying some oil paint. I've never used it so if any of you have, I welcome any suggestions on how to start. I may have to get the Bob Ross painting guide and make some "happy little trees"  LOL
     Ah my peeps, do you know how much it means when I see your countries show up on my list?  That even though you may be busy you take a few moments and read my blog. So many different places too, i have been nowhere but i try to imagine what it's like where you are, like are you from that country (Latvia or Russia, Malaysia, to name just a few) or are you maybe on a US military base. I know you all rarely leave comments but it would be so cool to hear from you , even just a hi in your language , but tell me where because I would never know. LMAO :-)
     Okay I do not thnk there wil be a Saturday blog but I am sure there wil be a Sunday round up. So until then, Ciao! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment