Monday, December 8, 2014

Why Wasn't I Born Rich Instead of Beautiful LMAO

    Addendum being added on top. Night got a bit better, brought home lamb kabobs for me and gyro for hubs. Hubs finally applied for unemployment and hopefully he can still get it. Just praying it's not too late. Please dear Goddess let it happen. You have really no idea how much this would help! I would crawl on my knees across broken glass if it would help this come to fruition.

So my post from today, not a stellar work day. lol some days your the bat, some days the ball right?
   The phone calls today are ranging from actually nice to downright insulting. Kind of like that little boy in that viral video that keeps telling his mother, Linda, Linda Linda, your not listening. Except that I am listening but they dont like what I'm saying so of course I am wrong. So glad you called to get help with your benefits, but when I tell you the policy and what your available options are you feel it within your right to scream at me and tell me I don't understand and that I should go back to school. REALLY?? Well a big fuck you to you but of course I have to keep my cool and be courteous to you. not that you deserve it. Did they teach you courtesy at school? Did they teach you to be nice when someone is yelling at you because they messed up and want you to say its all going to be okay? I tell you, after doing this type of work for 20 years plus, I have grown a thick skin but with things in my life I will admit its getting to me more than it ever did. Maybe I'm just losing my patience as I get older. Maybe I've been doing this too long, maybe I'm resenting the fact that I went from a manager (albeit middle management) position to position everyone else here thinks is a peon position. So not true, well yes it is, we are the whipping posts.  Yet we have to learn and know the policies for all the human resources groups as well as the ones for the separate contracts and unions. Plus remember any anomalies in them and any changes they come up with. I give it to most of us here. I kid and say my memory is going BUT when it comes to work this is not true. I know my stuff, I'm a fucking good employee and I know more and often have to hold back as its no longer my place to say certain things. THAT's one of the hardest things to do. Its not easy keeping quiet when I know something I can help a co worker with, but its not my place as its something proprietary, only a manager or supervisor has to handle. It's frustrating to say the least. I bite my tongue so often as I can be sarcastic, not as good as my hubs ans some of my friends, they are masters, but I can hold my own. LOL Like just a half hour ago. I had to help a woman with information and get her the passwords and codes she needed, and the steps she needed to log into a certain site. The call was a solid 20 minutes. I end the call with you have a great afternoon. She says okay and hangs up.  I looked at the phone and said "The courteous replay is YOU TOO!!"  the person who sits next to me started to laugh. I'm not expecting her first born to bear my name but some common courtesy is always a plus. Dont get me wrong there are some people that are wonderful. Thye are a pleasure to talk with and we laugh too. Im pretty easy to talk to and will talk with anyone really but its getting to me.  I am taking classes for HR in January (if Im still here that is)  I want another position but until hubs find a job I cant leave, for as meager my salary is its the only money coming in.  My bro just texted me no prezzies for adults this year okay?  Fine with me, I will be baking so they will get some goodies but the kids have to get. I have a few people I am getting for. Its not an option for me. LMAO .
    So that's work in a nutshell. Exciting eh? Otherwise its just a day to day, tomorrow I'm headed to the gym, just want to get home tonight, have a bit of a headache. Woke up too early and after the long drive yesterday I guess Im feeling a bit fatigued. awe poor me. :-D  So until next time when I'll have some cute funny things to talk about I will say Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment