Saturday, December 20, 2014

2AM I Should Be Asleep

     So, I'm still awake, hubs is still awake, cat is curled up on the bed BUT awake. Seems like the sandman skipped our home tonight. I'm on a sugar rush. I've been so bad this past week and a half, fucking eating everything bad I come across. Now I don't mean I'm not eating veg, or protein, but a cookie here, and a cookie there, not to mention the office dessert party. Too much sugar and I feel it, I dig that though. I know to be good and detox of sorts. Was a time I couldn't read my body so well, I'm sure it said the same things but I was deaf to it back then. I'm more in tune with it now, more than ever. I lost weight on vaca and then lost a tad more but I'm sure I've put a few back on, at least I think so. I haven't been to the gym this past 12 days either. Just running around getting things done here and there.
     I'm really trying to get into the Christmas mood and I'm slowly getting there. I've been a bit of a Debbie Downer, but the office do got me a little more into the season. Yule us this coming Sunday and I have my candle ready and know what my little solitary ritual will be.  I enjoy marking the seasons. I like the changing weather, although it's getting hard to tell theses days.
     I get nostalgic thus time of year, I miss my mother, I find myself looking online at photos of Christmas decorations and get a tingle when I see one that we had. I get a muck that other people, those outside NY had them too. Of course they did, but well, it just makes me happy. There's a lot of good to come, I believe this, and I've found that things do have a way of working out. I think I finally have a handle on thus being frugal thing. I tell you, if this has taught me anything, it's taught me to be a much savvier shopper. This is a good thing. On e hubs starts getting unemployment and better yet a job, when more cash flows and we can catch up, we said we are going to our favorite sushi restaurant and having a good meal. It's not terribly pricey. With a drink each we usually get about an $85.00 bill.  We are not exchanging gifts this year so it will be our getting back to being us treat to each other.
     Speaking of dining out, my friends in England went back to the restaurant they took me too whilst visiting. Wonderful place, warm, friendly owners and great staff. I left a review on Yelp,  and my friend texted me the owner said thank you. I was confused for a moment then he reminded me. Duh!!! I'm thick sometimes lol
      I guess I should try to get some sleep, hubs is nodding off, cats now snoozing, and I will admit, I've kept a few yawns slip out. So yes, I'm going to get horizontal, shut my light and curl up under the covers. Going au natural tonight so I get to feel the warmth of the quilt, and I love that.  I want heated bathroom floors like I was treated to at my friends house. So that's getting put on my would like list, really if you've never had them, go get them. Lol. Well then off I go to the land of Nod. Ciao For Now





No comments:

Post a Comment