Thursday, December 18, 2014

Gobsmacked Yet Again

     Today was our office dessert Secret Santa party. I made out pretty well actually. I got everything I asked for on my list and that went over the spending limit by about 10 dollars. I tunes card and lovely scented candle and lottery scratch offs   The itunes card alone was $20.00  limit was supposed to be $15.00, oh and I won $5.00 on the scratch off lottery tickets  lol   No, what got me gobsmacked was a card I got on my desk from the lady that sits next to me. When you sit right next to each other you can't help but hear people talk and she must have heard me talking with the hubs how I need to get food for dinner but have to be careful as we don't have a lot to waste, just needed items KWIM? Well in this card was $50.00!!! She said she hoped it gave me some fun money to have, I put it back into her purse but it ended up back in mine and finally I said okay. She told me that I have helped her so much and always listened to her and was there for her when she found out her dad had cancer, that this was the least she could do. Interestingly enough she is leaving the company next week as she will start a new job closer to her home. I wish her well, I didn't do anything special, I just listened to her and offered her a shoulder, told her how I dealt with my mom having cancer and that it was positive for her dad as they caught it early. I guess its true, you don't realize that sometimes letting someone talk it out with you means a lot to them. It's just something I do. I also have a friend who lets me ship with his UPS number so YAY that helps me and I bake him cookies   LOL barter is awesome  but I really was so surprised.
     It was a nice break, as today I started training one of the payroll guys in HR because the other lady is leaving. I will be learning payroll after the new year which I've wanted to do for some time now.  I really have no clue where this will all end up, but like I said I am gong to keep my head up and smile. Sometimes I just want to shake my head at people but why bother. People are going to to as they want, and as a friend said to me years ago when he went to therapy, you can't change people you can only alter your reaction to them. YES!! Focus on you - My mantra for 2015. Even though I will always be there for anyone that needs me, whether they want me there or not. LMAO
     So stay cool peeps and until next time Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment