Thursday, April 5, 2012

You SAID IT!!!! Why oh Why ???

     When it comes to adjectives to decribe a person we will usually have no problem thinking of many of them and have equal ease in saying them until.........{que dramatic music} we want to describe a person of plus size. Plus size being one way of saying the word FAT! For some reason that word has been pushed to the point where it is muttered in hush hush tones akin to how someone would say the word "cancer" or "incarcerated".  Really I never understood that, why do we do that? Like if we said the word out loud a terrible thing would happen or we would be struck down with the same problem.  
    Look I'm fat, no way to avoid this when describing me. As a matter of fact it is quite appropriate and I would take no offense. I mean my hubby calls me "the round chick" and I laugh. I love that and it's an alternative name to the tea shop I one day want to open, Which will be "Tea & Symphony" but maybe something like "Round Chick Tea & Treats, A Place to Peck When You're Feeling Peckish"  See it ties in... the bird and pecking and .....okay I digress. I have no issue if someone says -  thats her the short fat lady. It's direct and you know who I am. I also get a perverse pleasure from seeing people's reaction to me when meeting me for the first time. See my Sir name is Asian as my hubs is half Japanese, so when I walk into the room to meet someone it is quite obvious that I am NOT what they are expecting. They were thinking something along the lines of a delicate geisha and in walks more of a female sumo wrestler. Well;  not really that bad, but I bet I would look cute in those beltie panty things they wear though. LOL
     I think it's time we took that word out of the closet and showed that it is not a bad bad naughty word. FAT FAT FAT FAT  ooh I feel so freeeeeeee, okay I'm going a bit over the top here but really its okay.  Other more PC words are fine, plump, chubby, full figured, rubenesque. All are perfectly fine although plump makes me think of chicken for some reason and chubby makes me think of , well something totally different, yea its a fun naughty thought (the best kind).  For me though it's time to be able to say fat and not think that lightning will strike. It's okay, but just remember it's not all I am, it's a descriptive not my essence. I am more than fat, and please please DO NOT use PHAT when you mean F-A-T. You can say PHAT FAT though.  It's getting complicated isn't it.   Maybe next time we can talk how no one (mainly women) like the word CUNT!! When said with love - I can dig it!! I will save that for another blog though.   Oh no no  don't be upset;  we can talk all about cunts next time, I promise.  So until then as always  Ciao For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment