Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Want Doesn't Get

This phrase was told to me by a good friend this morning when I will admit I was being a bit needy. Well I wasn't really, I was mainly joking around this time! I can be at times though and I'm not sure why. I never ever wanted for anything growing up. I was very fortunate, as I was an only child. One thing I wasn't though was selfish, I always shared everything I had. Maybe the need came from at times it got very lonely. On one hand that taught me to rely on myself and not place blame on someone else but yea there were times I so wanted someone there to play with and no one was there. No boohoo though, I had friends, lots of them but I'm talking about those nights when you are home on school nights in your home. From this though came my love of reading and writing poetry & stories. I've always had a decent imagination. So "I want doesn't get" is a good statement! When we expect things we rarely get them and I will be the first to admit I adore a surprise so I will work on my needy part of me and enjoy life and all it's surprises :-) Now something I've wanted to discuss and I would love your import if you have feelings in it. I would like to talk about weight loss surgery. I've thought about it but my doctor says I'm losing so although it is an option he recommends doing the slow way I am. He said all my tests ( EEG, stress, heart ) all are negative he would rather I stay away from it. The hubs forbids me as someone he knew at work came back from having it and was doing well then all of a sudden she dropped dead! Now I know several folks who have had it done and they are thriving. I will say men look better after as the 2 ladies I know who did it look quite drawn! I think it's because you lose so fast. One friend though who now is okay, did have a very near miss that put him back in the hospital! I don't know we are so obsessed in this culture to lose weight that it seems people are willing to die for it. I don't know, I really don't. The lady I speak to Jo-Ann is going to have it done and I wish her well! I just don't think it's for me if I don't have to. America is so fooked up with weight obsession. There are ads and commercials but yet. Like I've said before, order a small soda and you can use it as a case it's so big! What a mixed message!! Well what a morning rant that was! Lol I'm so tired ad I worked late the was up early. Went to the gym and got my car's emmison indpection done (I passed hehe) went to get a coffee (that I quickly spilt on me!! Sigh) and well here we are at this moment where I am looking at this beautiful day wishing I didn't have to spend it inside st work, but we do what we must because sometimes "I want does get" when you work towards your goals. I hope your day is productive and you get what you have worked for and deserve :-) So until perhaps later today - Ciao For Now

1 comment:

  1. You asked for some comments a while back so here you go...............there's a big difference between wanting, needing and wishing for something. Just because you want it doesn't mean you need it and just because you need it doesn't mean you want it. I want to win the millions in the lottery but I don't need all that money or the headaches that come with it. And if I did win I need to pay taxes on it but I certainly don't want to pay them! But you are allowed to need or want in life. It helps to give you goals to accomplish to achieve what you want in life no matter how small or inconsequential it may seem. And That's What Makes You The Person You Become And That Person Is Funny, Spirited, Insane, Insightful and That's Why We Read Your Blog!!!!!

    As for your weight-loss surgery query, I've never been an advocate of it except in those super-extreme 600-lb person cases. You didn't need surgery, or weight-loss pills/drinks, etc to put on the weight so you shouldn't use them to take it off. You know I've lost a decent amount of poundage over the last two years all by watching what and how much I eat. Yes, stress contributed a lot to the loss, but I've been able to keep it off and still continue to lose. We've been following each others weight loss for a while now and you've been just as consistent. Surgery and other OTC options are not natural and put too much stress on your body and it's internal working. The weight didn't get put on in a short period of time and shouldn't be lost that way either. It's too much of a shock to the system. Look at what's been happening to you. When I see you've been losing any amount quickly, immediately after that you seem to have developed some sort of health problem. When your weight loss has slowed, but is still consistent, no bad health comments. I go out to a restaurant now with friends and immediately portion what's on my plate so I take at least half of it home. The only ones who lose out by restaurants serving these big portions to me is the restaurant. I can walk in, pay for one meal and get two sometimes even three meals out of it. that's at least one visit to that restaurant that I won't be making anytime soon! Not that I drank anything other than water and coffee but I avoid everything else except the occasional Guinness or glass of wine. But if I feel like having a chocolate chip cookie or a piece of cheesecake, I do. Depriving never worked. There's no reason not to treat yourself to a treat on occasion.

    Back to work for me now so that I can leave here soon and take a walk three blocks to the beach before heading home.

    ReplyDelete