Sunday, April 22, 2012

Roadtrip

     Hey all, so it's Sunday late afternoon or early evening depending on how you look at it. It's cold and rainy and I was driving home from New York in this nasty weather. The only reason I say nasty is that I was sharing the road with a few people who have forgotten how to drive. Aw well it happens I suppose and that's not  my main blog. I am warming up nicely with a hot cup of tea and my warm snuggies! LOL
     Like I mentioned I was in New York this past weekend. On the way there I had my Ipod plugged in and one of the sets I chose was The Monkees. Laugh if you will but they were an intergral part of my youth. Listening to them I was instantly transported back to the late 1960's and early 1970's where a little girl still in single digit age is enjoying half a cherry popcicle, her best friend Julie is enjoying the other half. See for a mere 10 cents they bought the ice pop from the ice cream man. Oh I remember riding my banana seat purple bike complete with white whicker basket all day long. It had flower stickers on it too lol.  Some days we played chinese jump rope or stick ball. Board games were called things like MYSTERY DATE, THE GREEN GHOST, SCRABBLE or we would bake in our Easy Bake Ovens. I used to love playing in the sprinkler during the hot summer months and drinking water from the hose. It's amazing that these memories ( & others) all came flooding back to me while Davy sang "Look Out Here Comes Tomorrow" He says - Mary I love you in the song and i found myself actually saying "I love you too Davy" out loud to no one in particular, then laughed at my silliness. I am a goofy lady but they make me smile and so does my childhood. It was a good one overall.
     So I get to my Dad's and we have a cuppa then I go to bed and coulden't fall asleep. It was past 3 by the time I went to sleep. Had a lovely brunch with some friends who I adore. We skyped with a friend of ours in Florida as well which was nice.The day turned out sunny so as I went home I put the top down and went shopping.  Funny when I got back and went to bed I got that feeling again
 of days gone by. The fact that I was in my old room made me think back again, althoough this time my thoughts went back again. I miss New York, I like the house I grew up in but I know thre is a time coming where it will be sold and that chapter will come to a close. I think that's why i love pictures so much. Memories of times gone by there for you to look at whenever you want.  Peeps I had this blog written out in my head but truth be told I am tired , really tired and I am rambling as my eyelids are drooping. LOL So I will be back, maybe in the AM lol So until next time  Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment