Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Bloody Sunday

     Well more like Sunday itchy Sunday. My ink now has developed a few small pimples, WTF?? I spoke with my artist and she said it does happen and I can dab them with witch hazel. I swear at my age pimples should be a thing of the past. Plus I NEVER had them on my back but she insisted it happens often. I guess all ink is different. My owl oozed a lot and it was the only one that did so this one is doing this. In the long run it is so worth it though, have I mentioned I love tattoos?  hahaha
     Okay big news people!!! I think I finally broke through my plateau. I weighed myself and down another pound and a half. I know it's not the 3 or 4 I lost early on but it's a loss and one that can be seen on the scale..yay!!! Thank you again my friends for your words of encouragement and sense! I was talking with Jo-Ann yesterday and she is down 17 pounds. She admitted that she has cheated a bit but is still losing. It's so hard not to cheat especially when there is food around you. I told her the other day when I went to Dunkin' Donuts to get the K-cups I decided to treat my staff to doughnuts. I bought 3 dozen to bring in. I didn't touch them I'm happy to report. I pretended that my grilled chicken was a gooey vanilla creme filled doughnut, didn't work....LOL hey they will be making those years from now so no rush plus before you know it the holidays will be here and if I'm going to eat anything bad it will be one of my Christmas spritz cookies. I make a damn good cookie then I filled with raspberry jelly then dip half in chocolate. Takes time to do but they are delicious. So I will wait!  I gave Jo-Ann my low carb peanut butter cookie recipe to try so she can cheat and still be on track. I think I posted it in another blog but in case not here it is:  take a cup of natural peanut butter (or any of your choice) then add one egg, and about 1/4 cup of splenda. Mix it up them roll into balls. Flatten with a fork making that criss cross pattern we all know and love. Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees and there you have it. Loosen them from the baking sheet but let them cool a bit before lifting off as they are very crumbly. Two per serving and I usually get about a dozen from this recipe. I mean , no it's not as good as if there was flour and other things but the essence is there and it's a nice treat in the evening with a cup of tea. Well she said she was going to make some today and let me know how they turned out. Us humans are so adaptable it really should be easier than it is sometimes. 
     It's raining here today and the weather is not helping me get my ass in gear. I need to do grocery shopping and things around here. Pat is going to do the laundry today he said. We were both up early , him around 5 , me about 6. It's now 8 and all I've done is chatted with a friend on facebook and made coffee. So productive LOL  So I'm cutting this short and headed into the world. be back later methinks...Ciao for now peeps! Enjoy your Sunday :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment