Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lemonade Anyone?

They say when life gives you lemons make lemonade. I have countered that with I wish it would give me sugar cane so I can make rum! Well life indeed can throw you curves and some of them can knock you on your ass! We live and learn hopefully all the while trying to maintain a sense of self. A self that we can be proud of. In my life there have been things I am not proud of.  Petty things really that some folks may say "Really, that's it?" Maybe to them it was nothing but to remember the lipstick I took from the drugstore without paying for it when I as 13 still to this day haunts me. The occasional teasing of someone who, like myself, was not the normal looking kid, but for the brief moment I was NOT the one being teased.Again still upsets me that I was like that to anyone. But we are who we are. Our past has brought us to be the people we are today. 
     I was reminded a valuable lesson early today. That you can't freak out over things that may change slightly from what you are used to. Situations occasionally make it difficult to act the way you may have acted previously but if you are true to yourself you need not worry. Friends have lives of their own and the beauty of friends, real friends is that you can pick up where you left off. The day to day happenings that at times keep you apart melt away when you get to enjoy each others company again. The fact that my friends for the most part are not near me and that I am not a part of the day to day goings on, or not there to share the good times as much as I would like,  occasionally;  I admit makes me worry that I will be forgotten. Silly fear I know and it holds no merit whatsoever but I am human after all and fall into the pity traps that we subconsciously lay down. I myself have more to do at work and here at home so I also don't call as much as I should either, but I must be true to my nature, after all isn't that what my friends like about me? LOL  My intent towards my friends is pure and I hope I never make them feel stressed by being my friend. I can be a bit over the top but again, isn't that something which may have been the reason I am friends with these people. I have noticed a pattern in my friends as well. They are funny, intelligent, love to talk, can debate well. They love art, music and are articulate. They all have personal demons inside and they all have conquered them, I respect them.  
     I am traveling a road that is long, I have hit my 25 pound weight loss. My first milestone. Now to do that 3 more times! I bring my friends with me every day even though many of them don't even know this. My thoughts of them and my memories of the times we have had helps me when I get weak. One day I will thank each one of them separate. For now I thank them all. It is now 6AM and I have been awake since 2:30AM going to try to get a little sleep before work, wish me luck LOL   Until my next rambling I say have a great day.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment