Monday, August 22, 2011

The Best Medicine

Well as you can tell from the last two blogs I have not been a happy camper. I will say though that the well wishes from my friends helped me so much. In particular the chance I had to have 2 lovely chats with 2 dear friends. One Saturday morning and one late last night or early this morning however you look at it (it was around 3AM) I tell you speaking with these people and just being able to enjoy their company albeit not in person was the best medicine ever!! Hearing about their plans for the coming weeks and just being in touch with them, well it took my mind off my pain like no vicodin ever could. They were blessings that came to me at the right time boy!! Love them and thank them. Plus my other friends who right away sent well wishes. I am a very very lucky woman!
     On top of all this stupid infection that I'm sure you are all tired of hearing about I had a hell of a day Friday. It was a bit crazy at work since it was the last day for two of my reps. Well as 5PM rolled around only one was left and he worked until 6. Of course I had no intention of making him stay but during the day he was taking breaks whenever he wanted and not logging on to the phones. Now yes I understand the mentality but if you say you are friends with those you work with why then are you being rude to them by making them work more on YOUR last day. They will have enough work Monday. Well I was just about to let him go when he announces he is going to the bathroom (it is now 5:30) about 10 minutes go by and I figure he will just stay there until 6 so I txt him to make sure he is okay. He txts back diarrhea, how nice of him. So me being the bold brazen gal that I am I go to the men's room and my thoughts are validated. It's empty!! No one is there. He simply walked out of the building. On his computer was a note that said "You Lose". I was very hurt. I had stood up for this person, and the only reason he had a job was that my manager also stood up for him and this is how he repays us.  Bad form, very bad form! I actually got teared up. I must have been visually upset because one of my other reps asked me if I was okay. This is why I don't play poker LOL    I believe everyone is good and that sometimes comes back to bite me in the ass but he is a good kid and look I wish him well but he will not be re-hired here. He burned his bridge and he shouldn't have. I care about these reps. They have to remember so much and I know it gets intense. Hell it's only been 5 months that I have been supervisor.So I try to always keep the candy jars filled or I will bring in doughnuts or bagels for them to show them I appreciate all they do. So I guess I took it a little personal when he just walked out. My lesson learned but I can't change who I am and if it happens again I again will be upset. My body was just stressed so I think I may have been more sensitive than usual. 
     So as of 2PM on Monday afternoon I am feeling better, 100% mentally and much better physically.  So it's uphill from here.  The weather has been changing also. I am not seeing the temps hitting the 90's and it's getting darker earlier so Autumn is right around the corner and I can't wait. Apple picking, fall colors, cooler temps. I just love this time of year. Maybe because I was born in October it just appeals to me. I adore the tastes of fall as well. Pumpkins, corn, dates, apples, cinnamon and cloves except now I will be making low carb and gluten free recipes in my head.  Here's a quick one I will make for Pat this weekend.  Take about 2 to 3 cups of gluten free Bisquick, add 2 eggs, 1 /2 cup of  fat free evaporated milk, melt about a stick of butter, then 1 cup of pumpkin puree, I also use about a cup of chopped apples, raisins can be used also, cinnamon and cloves to taste. Splenda to taste as well perhaps a 1/4 cup to start. Mix it all together until a sticky dough forms. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Autumn drop scones. Make a drizzle for the top by combining powdered sugar with milk until it reaches drizzle consistency LOL  I don't measure this when I make it, I thought this up years ago so the recipe is in my head.  Hehehe   They are good though and I love Bisquick as a starter. I also have a recipe for spelt pancakes I will post but I don't remember the measurements off the top of my head.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment