Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer Rain and Other Things

     Well hello again. Another red letter day, two blogs for me LOL  I just had to mark this down. As you know I gave a lecture in my last blog about the holiday today and well Mother Nature welcomed it with one hell of a storm. The sky became that awesome blue gray color and then lightning struck, It was so awesome to see. The rain came down in buckets and some places made mention of hail as well.   Well I had errands to run after the dentist (oh another story - 2 bridges needed!!) and it had stopped raining. So into Whole Foods I go and on my way home the sun was shining. Then all of a sudden it was raining...A SUN SHOWER!! It was really coming down. What I did next you will say to yourself "Mary Lee YOU are a total nutter!!"  I laughed and opened my window and then ladies and gents I stuck my arm out of the window so I could feel the rain. It was electrifying and cool on my skin at the same time. I twisted my hand around in the air then cupped my palm to catch the rain, raising my arm to let the water flow down. The people in the car behind me must have thought I was nuts. But I felt like a little kid. I brought my arm down and brought my wet fingers up to my lips and just pressed the wet drops against them. I felt like I had just been blessed!! Plus I love the summer rain and often have walked in it. Especially when the sun is out at the same time.  Just when I thought it couldn't get better...a lightning strike!! Yea I couldn't believe it, sun & lightning!! Oh much energy tonight my dears - MUCH ENERGY!!! I have been feeling it all evening. Then when I get home Pat has built me a new desk computer. I messed up my other one and he put this together and it has even more power than my old one!! Was a nice surprise. I was figuring it was my laptop and me from now on oh and my netbook. LOL  Not so as I sit at my desk and type out this blog. 
     Happy tonight, I feel peaceful and it's a nice feeling. Think I will make a nice cup of tea and read for awhile. Random interjection, but I am LOVING my steering wheel and it's ability to turn back on it's own now, even after a long day. I can do this I know I can. At this moment I know I can, I may not always feel so strongly but I am ready. I am wearing my armor and the warrior feels strong.......

No comments:

Post a Comment