Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ink, Ink, & more Ink

     I love ink, tattoos, tats, whatever you want to call them.  I have always wanted one and when I finally got one, the next one came very soon after.  Then the next and so on. I am getting my 10th tattoo this Saturday and I am psyched!!!! I had an appointment for the end of the month and they were able to get me in earlier.  Why tattoos you may ask? Well I just love the expression and the art of them. I have seen some amazing pieces and have seen crap.  The one thing I love about the ones I have is that they were drawn for me, they are original. I have one that is not and thats the kitty on my right boob. I call her my titty kitty LOL  Each piece that was drawn has meaning for me. To me that matters a lot. A tattoo is not something you decide "Hey I'm going to go into the first shop I see and get one", well maybe it is for some, but I feel it should be something planned. Look to see the artists around your area or within driving distance at least. Let me tell you a friend of mine just got his half sleeve done and the artist was so fantastic, beyond fantastic..his sleeve is just gorgeous!! That kind of artist is worth traveling for, if I had the cash to fly to England all the time I would have him do a piece for me. I already have my 11th ready to be done as well, and as I said my others were drawn for me and this number 11 was indeed also drawn for me BUT it was drawn for me by a good friend! That is super special and after the one I get Saturday (10) number 11 will be my last one for awhile I think. It's a perfect way to end -  a one of a kind - drawn just for me - by a dear friend.. a hat trick of tattoos if I may say so ;-)
     I get more compliments than distain from people who see my ink and I think the view of tattoos is changing. They are more mainstream now and tattoo shops are right on the main roads, not in some dark alleys where drunken sailors hang out. Although one or two drunken sailiors might be nice - LOL  I mean seriously those of us who have them are walking canvases for our artists to show their work. It is art!! Does it hurt? I hear that question all the time. Let's see a needle is being stuck into you over and over...it doesn't tickle thats for sure! It's a numbing effect and of course it varies on the persons pain tolerance. Mine really didn't hurt except for one part of the one on my left wrist that went over my artery and veins. That did hurt but even then it wasnt terrible. It's part of the experience and theres a small part of me that likes it!! The feel of the needle I like to call it. Hard to explain to anyone who has not gotten a tattoo or doesn't like it but well there it is.  hahahaha  
     It's erotic to a point as well this transfer of ink to the skin. You offer yourself to your artist and he transforms your body in a way thats personal and lets face it he's marking you as his (or hers) by their style of work. That's why I think you shouldn't just rush to have any old person do your ink. Get to know your artist and their work, they are always happy to show you what they have done. If you see someone with a great looking tattoo ask that person who did it. I promise they will always be happy to tell you who did it and where it was done.    
     Last time I got ink done I also got a cartiledge piercing done. I may just get another this weekend. I need to get some more silver earrings. I have been tempted on several occasions to get my nipples pierced as well but have said no as they would look like two towel holders. I have considered other parts as well, you know, down below...wink wink.....lol  I still may when I'm down to a size I want to be. Maybe I can put a pic of one in front of the treadmil to keep me going, but I thnk the ladies in the gym I go to will look at me weird. Either that or buy me drinks!  hahahaha 
  Oh my peeps I can go on and on about tattoos. Suffice to say I love them, I think they are sexy, and beautiful and expressive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment