Monday, August 15, 2011

Ah Technology

     Coming off of a decent weekend I walk into work to find that our phones are down,  I will have to play a lottery as this is the first time in the 3 years I've worked here that this has happend and only the second time in 12 I've heard.  You may be thinking great, yu have an easy day then. Not really whenyou supervise a helpdesk you need those calls coming in so our companies other office in Chantilly is opening up it's doors to us and I wil be leaving her soon and heading out there. This may be for a day or so since Verizon (the phione company is on strike!!)   So now I am just waiting for the call for us all to "Bug Out" to the other building. We will be caravaning our way there and get our temp badges for that office as the ones we use do not work there. LOL  HAPPY MONDAY INDEED!!
     I am in a good mood though since I broke through my plateau. Originally I thought the loss was a pound and a half but yesterday afternoon I stepped on the scale and it actually totaled 3 lbs!! AWESOMNESS..it felt good to see.  I went on the South beach Diet website and hit up the boards to find that I was nit the only one that after about a month had this happen. Also I have found that my 24 pounds since July 5th is considered rapid loss. Really? I wasn't doing anything special except I did go to the gym on occasion this time. Well I think it's becasue I want to lose a greater amount of weight than some of these ladies. I wrote to more than one person to stay the course and not give up becasue it does right itself and the weight will come off.
     My manager surprised me today by bringing me fresh tomatoes from her garden. Nice round ones and smaller grape tomatoes..YUMMY!! later in the week she has cukes and squash for me too. I adore squash and tomatoes both and think I may need to make a casserole of sorts this weekend using them both. Perhaps saute some onions add the veggies then low fat cheese, bake it up. Still forming the recipe in my head and well, we shall see how it turns out. One of the nice things about summer is all the fresh veggies, I love going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings to get my stuff for the week. I haven't had much fruit this season because of the sugar content even though I am now allowed certain fruits. I am leery to add more things as I am happy with what Im eating now. I eat like a pig I feel, I always seem to be putting something in my mouth!
     Now for all of you waiting for my adult story, it's coming (no pun intended). I am writing a new one just for here. So keep looking, I'm such a tease...hehehehe
Okay it's now 1:30PM no idea when we are heading out so I will say bye for now. Tootles!!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment