Sunday, August 28, 2011

Goodnight Irene! (teeny blog time )

As far as hurricane's go Irene did little to no damage in my direct area. For this I am truly grateful. I went out early yesterday to the grocery store to get supplies and although the store very quite crowded they had full supplies of anything one could want. I bought the veggies and meats for the week, cat food, milk, etc. and I also indulged in some McVitie's digestive biscuits. Not very South Beach Diet I will admit but I treated myself a little. Had 3 with a cup of tea last night (oink oink), as I listened to the wind pick up and the rain came down much harder, pounding on the windows. It was quite a cozy scene. I was reading my kindle, Pat was on the computer, cat was curled next to me and we were safe and warm and together. Neighboring areas were getting hit a bit more than us and of course my cousin down by VA Beach lost power several times and was hit much worse than we were up here. Coastal areas got hit hard, from NC all the way up to NY and I am still waiting to hear the results from my friends in Maine. I tried calling my Dad today but got no answer the 3x I tried. I was figuring he must have lost power. I was just about to call his neighbor when my phone rang and it was Phil (the neighbor) calling to let me know all was okay and my dad was fine. They had lost power during the night when the storm surged. He assured me that if it continued he would have my dad come over and he was taking him out to eat anyway. I tell you;  Phil and Marri are living angels that were sent to watch out for my dad while I can't be there. Phil actually checks my dad's doors at night to make sure they are locked. I can't thank them enough for all they do for my dad. From what I can tell all is good with my friends and they are none the worse for wear. So I just wanted to say to say that for once I have no problem saying , bring on Monday....they are predicting sun!!   Ciao my lovlies
    

No comments:

Post a Comment