Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Strange Days Indeed,

     I came home to find hubs upstairs in the bedroom, already laying in bed. Poor guy had a bit of a fever. So dinner was chicken soup and a nice warm cup of tea. 
     I am not going to a terribly long blog tonight, but I do want to mention a tragedy that occurred today, in Nassau County, Long Island , NY. Police Office Arthur Lopez was shot and killed by a man who fled then carjacked another innocent man and killed him too.  I saw the picture of where this happened, I literally gasped out loud! I lived not a half a block from there years back. I take that exit for the Cross Island Parkway, every time I go home from my Dad's to come back here to VA. I fill up at that Mobil station every time I leave, as it's right at the entrance of the parkway. I immediately felt anger and sadness, but isn't that what we do? Right there on a street I have been on more times than one would want to count was the perfect Yin/Yang of mankind. One man, who would risk his life to protect the people, and another so careless as he evilly chooses to take those lives! I also felt a tingle of fear. I never have before. Yes neighborhoods change, the area is very mixed now with many races, yet it never felt scary or un safe before. Everyone lived their life, Diversity reigned.  It now makes me more than uneasy. Not for me, but for my Dad. The man is getting up there and I worry about him. Thank heavens he is as healthy as a horse, but that doesn't come into play when you throw a gun into the equation, does it now? Of course this is the always calm, never over react or go overboard, calm, cool collected me!  LOL I know my Dad is well looked after by his neighbors. They have sort of adopted him! Bless!!
     You can't live in fear though can you? To do that is not living at all. It would be even worse than just existing, it would be living always looking over your shoulder. If there is one thing that horrific events such as this teach me, is live life, don't hold back, don't leave things to tomorrow. Tell people you love and care for them, help someone if they need it. Of course we all know life is short, but unfortunately PO Arthur Lopez' life was cut too short. May he Rest Easy and at Peace, until he is called back (yes I believe in reincarnation. 
     I leave you with a pic of the road. If you would cross the street and head as if it was towards you about a half block, there are stores with apartments over them. I lived over the deli there. 
  CIAO FOR NOW  

No comments:

Post a Comment