Monday, October 29, 2012

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

    Lets see day started with a text from my manager telling me not to come in, as they were closing early. I was going to go in but they decided to close at 1PM and since I go in at 11AM it didn't pay. Hubs went in and he got stuck working there because he is too diligent. He waited for someone in another building to finish a download so he could be sure they guy in that tech department was done but it caused him ot be there when this VP walked by. Asked when he was leaving, he said now, asked who his boss was and proceeded to call his boss' boss and up one more boss and they made him stay even though he was told he could leave. So much for worrying about workers safety. Wankers!!!
     My day was an odd mix of storm watching and thinking of my Mom. Had a bite to eat and watched this storm turn into one dangerous mofo! Had a wonderful chat with a friend tonight that was a wonderful surprise :-)  Just got off the phone with hubs and was going to give my Da a call but it just rang and rang and rang. Just as I feared he lost power! I wanted to give him my old mobile phone but he didn't want it. I'm bringing it with me to NY in a few weeks and make him keep it even if he doesn't use it at least he will have it for emergency's. It's bad in NY, a friend of mine watched as her daughter was almost hit by their tree that was fell on her house as she had went out to help the elderly neighbors whose tree fell on their house! Scary stuff indeed!
     I just got a text from my manager and she said they are not opening the helpdesk in the morning. She is going to text me in the morning about 9 or so. I am so ready for this storm to be over! 
     Peeps I am signing off for tonight as I may have to go to the basement at any time! So ciao for now
PS. Just realizing  now that I do not like sleeping alone unless I know I will be doing it! :-) 

1 comment:

  1. There has been extensive damage here. Worst storm in history for LI. Thankfully I am in a safer area than I was this time last year. My old neighborhood was very badly damaged. All the repairs that friends were still finishing from Irene now have to be redone. I can't get to my office as Long Beach and we just heard no power there for most likely ten days. We lost power overnight for about six hours. South shore bore the brunt of this and some places will never recover.

    ReplyDelete