Saturday, October 6, 2012

Saturday Early Morning Ramblings

     As I sit here at my desk, in my old room, I feel like I'm in a fog of sorts (has nothing to do with the Vicodin and rum and bowl I'm sure. LOL) Not a fog but a haze between eras. As I look out the front window of my bedroom, I see the same street, still quiet. In the distance I hear the rumble of the Long Island Railroad, even though its at least a mile away. I also hear the cars on the parkway, distinct from the train by their more Doppler effect sound. These sounds are as familiar to me as my own voice. The haze once again is there and I almost feel if I look out again, I will see Mike walking his Dalmatian Brandy. She was a beautiful dog. It was weird with Mike, he would come home from a date or a night out and pass my house and honk the car horn quickly. This is how I knew to get dressed and go outside to meet up. I would hear the jingle of Brandy's leash and I'd walk outside and meet him under the lamppost. It was our little summer ritual. We would talk into the wee hours of the night/morning. He'd tell me how the night went and I would do the same, we laughed a lot! Mike is the oldest friend I have, we have known each other over 45 years. I met him when I was 2 and he was almost 6, LOL.  We made a pact that if neither of us was married by the time he was 40, we would get married. What a teenage promise. Of course we both eventually did get married...to other people!! HAHAHA I sometimes really miss those days. Is it because I now have a 5 in front of my age, must be. Maybe it's being in this room, in this house. The ghosts are making themselves felt. Warm and comfortable memories, as soft to sink into as a favorite fuzzy sweater. I wrap myself in them and I feel my smile starting. Oh where do I start, what are the proper tales to bore you with ;-)
     Nah.........hahaha fooled ya, I'm not going to do that, bet you were scared for a minute! LMAO I'm over tired methinks. Its almost half past 3 and Dad will be calling up by 9 I suppose. His baby girl has to make him breakfast, which I love doing. It shall be orange juice, corned beef hash that I cook until almost fully crispy, and then I crack 3 eggs on top and cover so the eggs cook. The pan is 8" around so it makes a perfect circle of crispy eggy hashy goodness. I also will microwave a few potatoes then cube the insides and put aside, I then will sautee some onions and peppers, and when almost done I will add the potatos and season them up and keep cooking until the potatos are nice a browned. Those home fries, toast and coffee round out his meal. I on the other hand will have tomato juice, scrambled eggs and a slice of toast and tea, and yes I am a heathen, I put ketchup on my eggs!! LOL
     I really should sleep, but I can't. I just peeked out my window and all the houses are dark. I figure my bedside light and the glow from the candle on my desk must look like a beacon should anyone pass by. They can't see me, as I am hidden by the drapes, but it feels a touch voyeuristic to watch them walk by. On my way here tonight I took an alternate route and because of this I passed by attached rows of houses. A blue collar working class kind of area, this gave way to single family detached homes and then larger stand alone homes, meaning the neighbors were further away. One thing that was a constant, and that was the light in the windows. I drew your attention and made you wonder what it was like inside those homes. Hopefully they are filled with love and happiness. I know when I arrive here and I can see the light in my living room peeking through the blinds I let out a sigh that on occasion is audible. The light is my finish line, my journey is done (for now!) 
     I have no idea why I am so into light tonight. Maybe because the one in my front yard at home in VA is out and it was very dark leaving there tonight. hehe
I am posting a few pics of my home and my room, low light as I have just one bedside light shinning and the candle of course. 
 
So maybe I do need some sleep; so off I go to snooze awhile, So, as always, Ciao For Now

1 comment:

  1. Sorry we didn't get a chance to get together this year to celebrate our birthdays. Had a dinner I was invited to before I knew you were coming up. But I will light my usual candle next week and wish you a happy! Hugs to you and Dad.....safe home ;-)

    ReplyDelete