Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oh Sandy!!

     Well peeps I had a totally different blog in mind but as those of you in the US know, those of us on the east coast are not going to have a good start to the week. Hurricane Sandy combined with another storm coming from the north could make for very very treacherous conditions. So far those of us in the VA/MD area are getting rain, and more rain, and possible 70 mile an hour wind gusts. They have issued flood warnings, and closed schools. If the northern storm mixes just right the mountains could get quite a lot of snow. PA is looking at the same scenario. NY is going to get hit harder than they originally thought I think. I know that they shut all the trains down at 7PM tonight. I worry about my Dad, but I know he will be okay. I just worry because during hurricane Irene he lost power for 3 days, this is already a worse storm. Well we will see, I hope all goes well and everyone in the path stays safe. 
     Well I got to Skyline Drive Saturday. It was such a nice day out and I know that we actually got the last weekend that the trees will have all their leaves. This storm is going to strip lots of those trees but the drive is nice all year. The overlooks are at about 2800 to 3200 ft up and you look down into the valleys and its so breathtaking. Looking down and seeing the plots of land and the clouds that seem to float right next to you. I have said that when I'm thinner I want to skydive and this must be similar to the view. I so can understand the appeal. It was so beautiful in real life but it was foggy so the colors are muted on the pics but there were all autumn colors LOL We also got fresh apples and cider, pumpkin butter too. Delicious natural goodness! YUM!! :-D
Here are a few pics for you:

     Well guys I'm tired, and I am going to hit the sheets so until next time I say Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment