Sunday, October 14, 2012

I'm Agog!

     Hi Peeps, as it was just a matter of time, I am on the website Pinterest, where you can put up links and photos of anything from recipes to re-siding your home.  Well I am on a few cooking websites (food.com and allrecipes.com to name a few) so I figured I'd put up some of my recipes to share as I LOVE to cook and bake. So I go to one site to put up my ambrosia, which on a side note, is my OWN recipe :-D , meaning I tweaked a combination of so many other ambrosia recipes, finally finding the blend I liked the best. Well low and behold as I looked at the page it shows that its been favorited and pinned on other boards by other people. Hizzah!! I was giddy with happiness that others liked my recipe, and took the time to leave really nice comments. I love to cook for people and I know I am no food network chef by any stretch but it was like WOW they liked it and I was so pleased. My recipe is being shared by people which I have no idea of whom they are. WOOHOO!! LOL  I know I'm silly but yay. So peeps of course I copied on site and here is the recipe. It could not be easier. If you try it you must let me know what you think :-D
 Awesome Ambrosia for a Crowd
Added by Mary on Nov 13, 2011
Mary says:  This is a quick rich and yummy ambrosia made my way after looking at MANY different recipes. I hope you enjoy it. Rich and creamy its a great dessert in the summertime (or any other time). This recipe feeds anywhere for 12 to 20 depending on how hungry you are :) Cooking time is overnight in the fridge
Cook time: 24 Hr Difficulty:
Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 12 or more
- 2 can(s) 20 oz each crushed pineapple
- 2 can(s) 15 oz each mandarin oranges
- 1 c maraschino cherries - cut in halves can add more if
you like
- 12 oz cool whip - thawed (1 container)
- 8 oz sour cream (1 container)
- 1 bx instant vanilla pudding (3 1/2 ounces)
- 8 oz sweet coconut flakes ( 1 bag - i use bakers)
- 2 1/2 c marshmallows, mini
1.   Strain your pineapple and orange segments to get rid of extra juice. (I sometimes press on top of fruit lightly to help this). You want your fruit as drained as possible, (runny ambrosia is yucky) Then add the cherries.

2.   Next fold in the cool whip and the sour cream. Then sprinkle the vanilla pudding over the mixture, and and give it another mix. Add the coconut, you can use more or less depending on how much you like coconut. Then mix it all together.
3.   Now I refrigerate overnight and then about 4 or 5 hours before you are ready to serve (in the morning is good for late afternoon serving)) I add the marshmallows. This keeps them from getting too mushy. You can of course add them at the same time as the coconut. It's just a matter of preference 
Spoon into cocktail glasses for a lovely presentation. 

     Tomorrow (Monday)  I am back at work and I am looking forward to it, It gets rather boring sitting on your arse for days at a time. It also starts our Open Enrollment {{{GROAN}}} I am thinking it will not be too bad the first week, but as the time goes on it will get nuts. I already told hubs to expect me home late as I know when 8PM roles around we will have calls in cue. It will  bring me to mid November when its over, then come January more calls will start to complain about their new benefits  LOL 
     I really don't have to much, I did write a rare Saturday blog if you want to check it out. I will be back tomorrow night and will let you know how the first day went. So until then I say Ciao For Now

1 comment:

  1. Your recipe is almost the same as mine. I made some last week just to get rid of one last can of mandarin oranges. Has to be the best dessert, aside from cheesecake of course.

    You sound more like yourself so I'm guessing the drugs have kicked it!

    Signed up for Pinerest but haven't posted yet. Do have blog and twitter accounts but seem to be on twitter more than anything. Haven't really had time for anything else which is why my wanderings in cyberville bring me here. I enjoy reading what you have to say. It makes me laugh when you're up and think when you're down. This is a good outlet or release.

    ReplyDelete