Monday, June 4, 2012

Hello Monday, Bye Bye Weekend

     Well peeps I am 2 for 2, this weekend was also really good.  I left work at about noon on Friday and got to NY by 5:30 as there was some traffic but all in all was a decent drive up. It was nice to get to my Dad's at a regular hour and daylight at that LOL
      Well first my Uncle is doing better but he wil have to go to re-hab but its better than it could have been by far.  So that was good news.   So Saturday morning I got up and it was a nice morning, made Dad his breakfast and I got showered then left to meet an old friend for coffee. We had a really good time and talked about a lot of things that needed to be talked about. He is one of my ex's and occasionally he would get a bit suggestive shall we say when we had spoken and I told him that after 20 years I'm flattered but not interested in him in that fashion. He has family concerns and I know he wants to be a good husband and I also know its making him very sad that it looks like its not going to end happily for him but I explained that I am there for him to talk to and as a friend, he understood and said he was sorry if he overstepped the line but that time makes you realize sometimes of what you had and let go. I dont know if he was trying to butter me up but it was nice of him to say. He also said I was the type of woman that a man would want to come home to.  I was taken rather aback but again also flattered. So we left the coffee house with him knowing that he has a friend who will listen and encourage him and I left smiling that I had that effect on someone, and sad that a friend was hurting and hopefull that I gave him some good thoughts to mull over, that may help him. He's a good man and I hope things work out for him but we needed to talk face to face, sometimes emails dont cut it.
     Then after this I went out to Long Beach Long Island in NY and had a blast. I drove halfway to one friends house then she drove to the beach and I had forgotten how awesome this beach community was. We ate at an outrageous place called Swingbellys BBQ, very reasonable prices and a lot of food. It was deleicious but I ate only half my sandwich and barely touched my sweet potato fries because we had the Mac N Pete which was macaroni and cheese and burnt ends all mixed together it was so rich and delicious. Then we walked it off and headed the few blocks down to the beach where we were lucky enough to catch the start of a vollyball tourny. Yes men in beach shorts playing volleyball on the sand, pencil me IN!! LOL  :-D  was a wonderful time and I so miss the beach and the sea air and just how relaxing watching the waves coming in. You know we spen so much time and money on vacations, but this day was like a mini vaca. The beach is free and just rejuvinating and I am stil on the high I got from the time I was there. I want to go back and soon!!!
     I left on Sunday after getting up early to pick up NY bagles to bring back to the peeps at work. I had the top down and it was great then I got to PA and it started to rain. Yep , luckily the rest stop was close so I pulled in there to put the top up and then headed home. Felt good to get there and collapse in my own bed!! LOL  I was tired, a little sunburnt and more carb laden than I should have been as this weekend slowly ended but I was (AM) a very happy bunny!!  So until next time peeps, Ciao For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment