Sunday, June 24, 2012

Waxing, Thoughts, Sun and Accents

     Weekend wind down is here. It's been a good weekend and I am going to admit my mind wanders often and memories flood my thoughts. I find myself smiling when I think of the last few years, so many amazing things I've discovered and learned. I've experienced new things that I've never known before and I not just liking them.... I LOVE them!  I want to experience more. Greedy aren't I?  LOL  I just enjoy meeting people and going to new places. That's one reason I am beside myself with excitement about going to England next year. It's honestly been a life long dream for me. 
     This actually leads into something I was thinking about as well especially after my drive today. This man started to speak to me in a parking lot where I was getting some grooming essentials and of course with this weather I had the top down. He had parked next to me and commented on my car. He was telling me that that's what to be driving on a day like it was. As he spoke I noticed he had an English accent. He could have kept on talking as much as he wanted  LOL  I love accents and English is number one. I think it's built into us gals in the US, we adore all UK accents. hahaha  I had a boyfriend years ago named Donal, he was from Ireland and god I loved listening to him speak, plus he looked like Bono from the 80's only with Blond hair. hehe  One of my 2 blonde beaus, I prefer darker hair.  :-D  He was sweet and I believe he went back to Ireland last I had heard years back. I like to do accents but I really wish I could speak more languages.  I have been told I have a NY accent but I don't hear it. I know I speak American but I've neutralized my inflections over the years as I worked on phones for a long time. Put me back in Brooklyn or Queens though and it all comes back in buckets!!! Yo!!! ;-D  Added plus is when I do go to England I will be able to understand the people there. (I hope) 
     I went a little overboard in Walgreens this afternoon. Some new make up powder, I have lots of make up from Urban Decay and Stilla, Sephora, etc, but I do love L'oreal for my finishing powder so I always get it there. But I needed talcum powder, shampoo, so of course I see things that I must have. Make up remover pads, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc PLUS I restocked my travel sizes and by the time I left there I spent 80 dollars YIKES. I am so careful about my grooming though, being a big chick I always try to look presentable and CLEAN!! There is such an un-fair stigma that fat people are sloppy about themselves and I'm not. Went to get a pedicure and got my eyebrows waxed this afternoon. I wax other parts too (shy smile as I look south), but that gets done at home as I don't want to scare any salon technician LOL  Lately I admit my clothes have been looking a bit raggedy but it's  just that they are getting too big. So today I went and got a new blouse and a new dress. I LOVE the dress, the only thing is that it's sleeveless so I also bought a shrug to wear with it. I have two other dresses that I am bringing to the dry cleaners tomorrow. I bought a pair of wedge sandals to wear with my dresses. Like I said, time for me now! 
     I mentioned the dress is sleeveless, and I know that some women have no qualms about that and go sleeveless all the time even with fat upper arms and MORE POWER TO THEM!! I just don't feel right, so I never wear anything like that unless I am home or in a place with friends indoors. I know its silly of me but when you are fat you don't want to give anyone any change to make fun of you.  You would think that doesn't happen when you are an adult but it does.  My skin has grown thicker as I have gained more confidence in my size and frankly I don't care what unkind things people can say to me.  OOOOHHH I'm fat, really?? I would never have known thank you for pointing it out to me, but unlike you I am not rude to strangers or friends. It's odd that folks throw that around as an insult, but they dont say you skinny this or you brunette that or any other physical attribute insult, at least non I have heard. It's so dumb  but it is what it is!
     I hope you all had a great weekend, I am about to go give myself a facial so I'm going to say Ciao For Now All 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment