Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oh What A Night

     I swear it must be a full moon, it's not but I think some folks are getting an early start.  I just spent the better part of an hour to try and explain a work policy to a person who was just not getting it.   Ah well - bless-  if it wasn't for these types I would not have a job. So try and see the positve I do, why I just wrote like Yoda talks I have no idea   LOL  
     Okay this blog was almost titled "Those Were The Days My Friend" as the other day some one posted a picture of me from when I did Rocky Horror, I played Magenta "a domestic"  and seeing that photo brought back some intense memories.  I started doing this when I was 19/20 and I suppose I was "finding myself" to coin a phrase. I had dated but not a lot and often because of my weight felt very out of place.  I loved going out to dance but usually was never asked to join any of the polyester clad romeos who all thought they were Tony Manero getting down with their bad selves. No biggie as my girlfriends and I danced together. Of course as the night wore on all my Brooklyn princess friends were dancing and the guys were wondering how to get them out of their tube tops.  Hey I could have worn a tube top as well, yes it would have looked more like an inner tube top but I looked decent enough in my wrap around skirt and huck a poo blouse (look it up on Google lol)   I was about a size 16 then and how ironic that its the exact size i'm trying ot get back too. Anyway I digress.   Fast forward to the onset of New Wave music  all these cool bands and all of a sudden "normal" or the idea of it was blown out of the water. I loved this music it was free and fun and I could dance alone if I wanted  lol   I had the rubber wrist bracelets and lace gloves and electric purple eyeshadow, yes I was stylin' 80's way. It looked good on me if I do say so.  Then one night Rocky Horror was suggested, so we went and I was hooked. All these people dressed up as the characters and performing for us before the movie and DURING the movie. People were shouting at the screen, it was mayhem at its best and I loved it.  Then I became friendly with the sister of the fan club and she played Magenta and wanted a break. I came one Halloween as the part and she said I looked good  and did I want to take over for her on Fridays at midnight?  Did I ever!! So there I was performing  in front of the cities cast aways and new wave fanatics and curious tourists. I felt so alive and it was then I was introduced to things, that perhaps a bit seedy, were a fantastic learning experience,  acid and ecstasy were some of these along with meeting my first drag queen ever. I was amazed at how wonderful his/her make up looked and we became fast friends, still are. Then there was a 7ft drag queen named Miss Kevin, a legend around the theater. I remember doing a scene where we were looking out at the audience and the girl in the second row was giving her boyfriend a hand job. I mean where do you look?? RIGHT!! Starred right at them until her efforts came to fruition LOL   A new world of sex opened up for me as I found out that missionary and blow jobs to be blunt were not the only things out there. I was taken to an S&M club on several occasions and no I did not participate but it did turn me on i admit. The control and submission and the trust between the two parties. I was impressed really.  Of course I started to experiment with my own boyfriends and the ground was laid for me. Well more than the ground was laid  but this is a rated R blog for now  hahaahahaha.  I liked the non vanilla and am gratefull for the experiences I had and with whom I shared them.  It was during these times that I was kissed by a girl for the first time. I was standing in the street, it was about 3 AM we had just finished and were getting ready to go home. we had partyed hardy and i was just standing there and this girl I knew came up to me and started to chat. Next thing I know she is kissing me and putting her tongue in my mouth. Well I responded and it was a really nice kiss. Yes good times indeed :-D  I survived it all and am relativly well adjusted. I do not burn crosses in yards or odd things. I am a Wiccan, yes, but I read and write poetry, love theater, music, arts, yes I have tattoos but again that's art. I learned never to judge anyone and to be kind to people that get put down upon because they dont fit in. I think that's what made the entire experience wonderful, it was like all of us felt like there was something missing and each of us found a bit of what we needed here. It was like a freaky all out breakfast club that met up at 11PM until about 3AM every Friday and Saturday nights. I learned some very solid lessons and regret none of it, not what I did or performed as life is meant to be lived and enjoyed. I wasn't just existing them.  Yes I, more settled but I'm still that person in my heart and I hope in some of my actions as well.   Here are a few pics of me from my performances,

hahahahaaha   Well there you have my walk down Rocky Lane , so until next time peeps I say Ciao For Now :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment