Friday, December 16, 2011

The Wee Hours of the morning

     Lately for me I call them that because this is usually the time I get up to pee.  LOL  Today though it's because i am in NY and only got to my Dad's house about 40 minutes ago. Heading to the cemetary to visit Mom and spend a little early Chrimbo time with dad. I also have a party to go to Saturday so my NY peeps Im sorry I cant see all of you and I wish I could.
     I am once again in my old room and as i look around i can still envision it all pink! Yep to quote Steel Magnolias, my bedroom had looked like it was hosed down with pepto bismol. Pink carpet, pink bedding, pink paneling and of course all white furniture. Lots of ruffles and frillies, ha I was such a girl. Still am, glad that worked out for me.
     I was looking at myself in the mirror just before and this round pale pink chick looked back at me. I can see the loss yes, boobs stick out a bit more (just wish they were bigger) tummy not as rounded but I look like I'm melting. This in between time is going to kill me, I never have patience when it's about me. i finally like and accept my body with its scars and pigment issues I just wish I could fast forward a year or so LOL I know Rome wasn't built in a day! Fine I'll wait ;-)  I am in such a great mood, finally tired but great mood.
     It was great driving up and seeing all the lights on houses for Christmas. They put you in a festive mood. My Da doesn't decorate anymore except for a wreath on the door. when Mom died she took Christmas with her, my Da just appreciates everyone elses lights. I looked at the corner by the fireplace where the tree always went. If I squinted I could almost see it, ghosts of Christmas' past. Thats the nice thing everything lives on in your memory.  I am also looking forward to the new year. New start, clean slate, anything possible. okay dears I am starting to yawn and 8am will be here soon, so i say good night or morning as the case may be. Have a funky Friday and great weekend. ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment