Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mad Dash

     Tonight I make my last dash for prezzies. I am Target bound. Got to get that football and then tomorrow night I head out to Best Buy to get the Hubs present. he wanted a media player by Samsung. It has a Android system and a 5" screen. He loves his gadjets and it makes it eaasier to get him things that way. I am just GUTTED about my hand made cards and they wont go out until Saturday which means they wont arrive until AFTER Christmas :-(   I hope the sprogs don't mind.  It seems like thre should be at least one more week before the holiday  LMAO
     As for me my holiday will be day after tomorrow (the 22nd)
the Winter Solstice. Longest night of the year, then the days start to grow longer. The Holly King and the Oak King battle once again. The season changes as nature alwasy does no matter how much man tries to mess it up. I will pick up my drum and sit, enrobed in candle light and drum softly as I hum an old tune, as I give thanks for the turning of the wheel. I was born Catholic but left that path many years ago. Organized religion turns me off, "God" in any form of being or simply as nature is so often misinterpeted and used for selfish reason. Better to believe in no god and be a good person than to praise one on a Sunday then cause strife the other 6 days. To me the first one is more sincere and all will turn out well for them. It's my opinion and as alwasy I respect everyone else's as we all have that right!! :-0

     I am looking forward to the new year, hoping ot see friends i long to see and get things done around my home.  I weighed in this mornign and I GAINED 3 pounds!! I was shattered at first but 3 pounds isnt too bad but I am going to the gym in the AM. My last hurdle is tomrrow here at work for our Secret Santa dessert party. I made cheescake, yea i shot myself in the foot doing that as I make a good cheesecake! LOL I still am way down and will keep going. I do like myself I just have issues with my skin tone. Its so uneven and well, Irish!! LOL No trace of Italian pigment in me at all!! Sigh..
     I have been very dreamy lately, thinking about things in a romantic way is the best way to describe it. I am not one to keep my feelings inside and I let lose this time of year. I want to one day spend the holiday in a cottage in a meadow, snow falling, fireplace blazing, friends all around singing carols and sharing a huge meal. presents in abundance and just a feeling of peace and love. I have a small family, and I am an only child so I really want to know what it feels like to have lots of guests for Christmas. I can imagine how wonderful it is, those of you with children and/or brothers and sisters are so lucky!!
    Well i see it's 8PM, its' been quiet tonight. So off to the crazyland of last minute shoppers I go...wish me luck :-D   So as before  ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment