Tuesday, December 6, 2011

To Thine Own Self Be True (short but heartfelt blog)

     Sometimes I can't believe the things I say, seriously. I mean tonight I asked a friend what does it feel like to have everyone want you. WHAT AN ASININE QUESTION!! I felt stupid the moment I asked it. Thank fully my friend was gracious enough not to dog me for it or make fun of me. Could have but didn't. In reality of the situation, I do okay. I get looks from guys and always get invites to txt or skype with them more than I thought possible but I don't. Why don't I/ good question. Oh I respond back and giggle with them but that's it. So to ask my friend that question was just ridiculous. But that is my point, I am on occasion ridiculous. Maybe it's not proper and sometimes I embarrass myself which is fine with me. If I embarrassed my friends then I would be upset. 
     See I will always be the girl with a crooked smile thanks to a missing tooth. I spill stuff, I trip UP stairs (yea, really I do) I sometimes wear my food as sauce is naturally attracted to my being. I act the fool on occasion and admittedly in the past it has been to take the focus off my size. Now and even then really it's because I love to laugh and hear others laugh. There is no sweeter music. I like when friends tease me and joke around and for a few moments let down their guard. I tend to be trusting of people. One time I saw this guy stranded on the side of the road as he had run out of gas (petrol to my European friends here) so I drove to the gas station and got him a jerry can full so he could get back to fill the car up. I was on the phone with a girlfriend and she yelled at me that he could be a murderer. That thought never crossed my mind, he was stranded and needed help and I was able to help him. yea though in hindsight I see here point and it makes me a little sad that we need to be so cautious as it goes against my nature!
     The entire point of this blog is that no matter what, be yourself. Accept and embrace your quirks and individuality. They ARE what makes you one of the beautiful people!  I am ending this today quickly as I am still a bit out of sorts (went home early today from work) and I want to make some peppermint tea and unwind so i am good to go for work tomorrow. I don't want to waste my sick days for a tummy ache. I like my job and I have things that need to be done so until next time...ciao for now 

No comments:

Post a Comment