Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

As I sit here waiting for both my fever & the ball in Times Square to drop, I'm thinking I should be a bit put out. I went from no invites to 3 yet I will not be attending any. I feel like poop, but I am not put out, I am content. You see this year has had many ups & downs and I am ending the year on the path I should be on. I have the love of friends who I hope are out celebrating and I am here with my husband who loves me and stays with me despite my occasional craziness! LOL I look forward to 2012 with excited eyes.
I spoke to a few friends tonight. One in particular was a rare treat. Someone I can call my oldest friend. I met him when I was 3 and we are still friends. The son of an American soldier and an English woman, he was my first love as well. Well his car was. Lol He was the boy who introduced me to my first muscle car. We were friends, then as I got older the inevitable romp in his backseat but we were not earmarked that way and so here we are over 40 years later still friends. Tonight's his birthday too, so happy birthday Mike!
I am sitting proped in bed injesting liquids and eating soup while Hubby sings me ELO songs and once again I laugh and am reminded how lucky I am.
I wish all of you a wonderful NYE and a glorious New Year filled with love of family and friends and fabulous new and exciting adventures. Every New Year is a gift to all of us. New chances, old comforts, and a gentle reminder of what really matters. Much love and good wishes for a great 2012. Thank you for reading my words. Here's to many more. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment