Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Food Feast Thursday Is Upon Us

     Well tomorrow is our holiday pot luck and so far we have on the menu: turkey, ham, chicken & rice, stuffing, pies, corn pudding, macaroni & cheese, pasta salad,  collard greens, yes folks it's a no carb eaters worse nightmare.  I am contributing cranberry orange relish, and sweet potatoes.  I also am bringing in a huge veggie tray with fresh veg to give those of us watching the carbs another alternative.  So I will check in tomorrow night after the day quiets down, burp! LOL
     I was right to come in today as I got a lot done. Yes still a few tummy issues but peppermint tea and then diet ginger ale have helped immensely. So all good in da hood!! Hubs had a meeting at corporate today and starting January 2nd he will be back to his old schedule.  THANK THE STARS!! This him going to bed at 9PM was getting to be an issue since I usually am up until at least 11 or so on work nights and I had to be quiet. Those who know me know how  hard that is to do for me. LOL
     I am going to my in-laws this weekend for Christmas cookie baking. I am going to attempt to send some this year but I have to check costs as they will need to be delivered as quickly as possible. I love to bake, I have so many great recipies and one I rarely make is an italian cookie called Cucidata's. They are a shortbread type of dough filled with a mix of raisins, figs, and dates then spiced up with cinnamon and cloves and sugar, and then when they are cool you drizzle icing on them and they are soooooo good. I may have tio sample one if I do make them. hehehe   
     I went to the gym this morning since I was up and couldn't sleep. Then came home and took a long shower then got ready for work.  I was able to wrap all my gifts for overseas shipping which I will mail tomorrow, and whats cool is I am early this yearso no rushing on the shipping. Now the cards will go with the cookies early next week but they don't weigh much so still yay for me!!  I have everyone but my husband bought for. He is the hardest to buy for since I am not computer savvy and the man can build them in his sleep!! Well my search continues. 
     I found out today that my tattoo artist has no openings until end of February, start of March and I am so bummed about it but I want those cherry blossoms from my ankle to my thigh on my left leg, and then my special fairy on my back. Best news is that an artist named Kamil, from England, will be in NY in May and I may be able to get a sitting with him. He did my friend's half sleeve and it's just a gorgeous piece of art!!
     So that's about it peeps....so tonight is home, Ghosthunters, then a little facebook or tumblr and finally sleep. Until the 'morrow I say ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment