Sunday, December 4, 2011

Smiles

     Hey peeps, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Feel free to say hi, especially those of you from other countries. I think it's so fabulous you all read my blog. I really appreciate it.
     Tonight I was writing out my Christmas cards and then got to my special handmade cards. I plotted out in my mind what designs for which people. This is the fun part, I try to make cards they will enjoy. My goal is to put a smile on their face. My sister from another mister saves them all and made a collage for her daughter's room and there is one I made telling her how I missed her and whenever I do get to see her I see the card on display in her kitchen. Another friend's daughter told me she also has them on display and that she has told her friends about me. THAT blew me away. I was so touched to see how my cards made an impact on them. My cards are little paper pieces of love I send out since most of those that get them are not here for me to hug. I wish I could hand deliver them to everyone personally. So I finished 3 so far as each one takes about 35 minutes. I will get them all done by next weekend. (I hope LOL)
     I am feeling very sentimental tonight. I was reading someone's blog on another site and her quotes were beautiful. They made me smile, and cry. They really touched me. I could appreciate the intensity and longing of some and the dreaminess of others. I am definitely a romantic, and can be a dreamer. I am a realist as well, and that causes many tug a wars in my mind being both of those.  Right now hubby is snoring and the cat is laying next to pushed up against my thigh. I am rubbing her fur with my left hand and typing with my right. I feel very peaceful and I've said it before but it's the truth. A friend posted a pic tonight of him and his adorable dog saying the whole family was there enjoying the fireplace and playings games. How great a scenario is that?! There is no fireplace in our bedroom but I think maybe I am having the same kind of experience right now. I'm in a "I want to hug the world mood" I guess. LOL I am odd huh? ;-D 
     So I'm going to sign off but I am leaving you a great video from a group called Strait No Chaser, they are an acapella group and really good. So enjoy and ciao for now

No comments:

Post a Comment