Sunday, November 4, 2012

Well Here Comes Monday Again

    I am sitting here in a warm home, with electricity, and my car has gasoline in the tank, and I can get to work with no issues. Yet some of the people I know have none or only a few of these things right now. I was talking to a friend last night and he spent 45 minutes in a gas line. Thing is I am wondering how my dad is doing. I have no way to get in touch with him. I know that our neighbors are watching over him but I really want to speak with him myself. I am sure they said to him come stay but he's home I know. He's not young and he's so thin, I don't want him catching cold. I see photos of my beloved city with so much damage, the beaches that I love are so damaged, a few have pretty much been breached. I can't remember a time I have ever seen NY like this. I know it will eventually come to pass but I sure hope its sooner than later. 
    Ah the latest groovy work thing I found out Friday night was that they got rid of our night cleaning crew. Seriously??!! I went into work today and there was coffee in all the pots, and the trash was starting to get really stinky! So I emptied my trash can and my friends in the big bin in the kitchen. I then proceeded to empty and wash the coffee pots. I felt bad for the people who start early and are used to having clean pots when they come in. Reason is because we never got notice about this, I only found out because the facilities guy walked me out of the building Friday night. I really can't believe they did that. I swear!! I know the help desk doesn't make money as the business units pay to use us but come on? I think that's now a health issue, the bathroom needs to be cleaned and the day man only works 30 hours or so a week and it's not fair to him either. I can take care of my trash can but I am not cleaning personal things from the ladies bathroom, ewww!!!
     I am attempting to go back to the gym this week. My back has been so against me in this. I do exercises at night, but it's not like a gym. I need to get my new Air Walks broken in :-D 
     Little blog tonight as hubs as fallen asleep on me and it's hard to type  LOL So until I get back here I will say Ciao For Now :-D

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to describe the destruction we've had here. Long Beach, the boardwalk we walked on this summer, the restaurant we ate at, all devastated. There is still no power and no timeline for restoration. Gas is nonexistant. I parked my car the Friday before the storm and have moved it once since. I still haven't heard from some that I've tried to reach.

    ReplyDelete