Monday, November 19, 2012

Just got back from NY this afternoon.

     Well peeps I'm back. Had a marvelous time, and as always hate to leave.  I tell you, the more I see my friends the more it hurts to leave. I even skyped and face timed with some (one friends dogs decided to take Center camera until her hubby got the lol).  I just got a text that another pal, well she just downloaded Skype. Love it, this way we can open a bottle of wine and share it over the computer and talk boys and shoes  HAHAHA
     Saturday was a cool night, the gals came by and we ate and laughed. Found this cheap wine that is a mix of red wine and of all things dutch chocolate. It tasted like chocolate milk or YooHoo (a Chocolate drink here in the US) And even though it was only 14% alcohol it gave me quite a buzz! Then we went to pick up one lady's hub at his job and for the life of me I could not say the word lactaid! Then I wondered if women who are lactose intolerant have issues when they breast feed.I mean it's milk right? lol
     Sunday was the girl's brunch.  Oh my!! I'm still kind of full, well not really but there was lots of food and babies this child ate!! I had a bagel that I quartered and tried 4 different cheese speads. There was a yummy swiss chard quiche and breakfast stuffed peppers, and a french toast casserole. Then desserts, nice cinnamon buns and a fabulous rum cake, pumpkin pie and crumb muffins. Two cups of tea and I rolled out after about 4 hours.  Met a friend of a friend, who as par for the facebook course, I felt like I knew her forever.  She was just lovely, looking forward to seeing her again. 
     So funny talking about food. It was brought to my attention that us Americans do that a lot, and we do indeed. That is something I do try to curb now that I'm aware but it's hard to do LOL  I went to the grocery store at least 3x this weekend. Da kept asking if I needed cash, he shows me his wallet and he has all 20's. I asked him if he got a job as a gigolo. He laughed then said no but he did have a date this week with his lady friend. He made it a point to say she came back to the house and stayed for almost 2 hours. I looked at him with wide eyes and asked him "Daddy, is she going to be my new mommy?" bwahahahaha    It was a very enjoyable weekend except right as I was leaving, I set up the dishwasher and hit the button and - NOTHING!! It's broken :-(  So thinking I know what I'm getting dad for Christmas. 
      Well peeps that was the weekend in a nutshell, hope you had a good one. Back to the grind for me tomorrow.  So as always Ciao For Now
      

No comments:

Post a Comment