Monday, November 5, 2012

Braunschweiger

     Odd title, I know! It's what hubs wanted for dinner he said. So after work I went to the store to get him some, along with whole wheat sandwich thins (100 calorie bread), onions and hearty style mustard. All he was missing was beer (we are out). I don't remember the last time we ate this, 5-10 years ago maybe. It's so rich, and devilishly not good for you :-D  I've liked it since I was a kid. I like chopped liver & pate too! LOL What was nice, was that just picking him up something special like that had him really enjoy his meal, smiling the whole time he was eating. I didn't make it but I made him smile serving it. I like making other people smile. It makes me smile :-D
     I HEARD FROM MY DAD THIS MORNING!! YAY He got his electric back today, so he went a week with no power.He called as I was getting ready to go to work. He said how nice everyone was. His handyman, who will be painting soon, well him and his wife came by a few mornings, with muffins and coffee, they also cooked for him as did our neighbors. It was a relief to hear his voice and a joy to hear how many people thought of him. He's a pretty cool guy! 
     Okay folks, here in America we have a vote tomorrow for our next president. I'm concerned, as they say it is a close race. Who am I voting for? Not telling, and I'll tell ya what happens next we meet.
     My apologies peeps, I know my blogs have been short, but I have been busy at work that makes me weary at night and I've been running a 99.5 fever for three days. So as my pillow calls my name, I must answer. So until next time Ciao For Now   HEY
    A friend of mine just posted this on as a comment. So sad the devistation Hurricane Sandy did to us here on our east coast. Now my friend is on Long Island, I mentioned we went to Long Beach this summer and watched the vollyball game, this is it now
I am sorry to describe the destruction we've had here. Long Beach, the boardwalk we walked on this summer, the restaurant we ate at, all devastated. There is still no power and no timeline for restoration. Gas is nonexistant. I parked my car the Friday before the storm and have moved it once since. I still haven't heard from some that I've tried to reach.

Please keep them all in your thoughts everyone. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment