Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Is Coming (Nom Nom)

     Hey Everyone, in 2 weeks us here in America and maybe Canada, will be celebrating Thanksgiving. When we celebrate a group of frigid religious male & female zealots by stuffing our face with way too much food and US football. Praise the Lord (& pass the ammunition)  
     For me it has always been a time for family, that is what I am grateful for, perhaps it means so much to me since my immediate family is so small. I am an only child and Nana lived with us so if it was just us we had 4 at the table. For holidays though if all the relatives came over it could go up to over 20 LOL I recently found my Mother's stuffing recipe in an old box in Dad's closet. I am going to make it this year. Mom would put half inside the turkey and then just bake the rest in a pan, that was the best as it got all crispy on top and soft in the center. We have been going to my in-laws for many years and i want to help cook this year. My brother in law makes a great turkey and gravy, and last year my sister in law made this "stuffing" that was just fabulous. This holiday centers around food and I try to get away from that but we always end up at the table don't we. Well tis the start of the season of eating LOL  We also continue to show our thanks for all we have by getting up at 2am on what is known as Black Friday. We can get an extra 50% off if we arrive early. I did this once and ONLY once as I couldn't sleep. I admit i got some grat deals and got many folks their Christmas gifts  but I felt like crap the next day so I wil never do that again. I am doing all my shopping either online or local shops. Try to support the small store owners. I have found some of the coolest thimngs in stores like that and they are not mass produced so you wont see your gift in every home.  I love to bake and often give baskets of cakes and cookies I've made to friends.  I also make bath items like scrubs and lip balms.
     One thing I am going to try this Thanksgicing is a drink I found on these blogs. The blog is The Cocktail Lady, she has some great things on her blog, lots of good recipes and she is doing a drink a day and this one sounds great - She calls it a "Kinky Thanksgiving" Of course i noticed the name hahahaha :-D   Here is the recipe and picture: (all credit goes to her)
  • 2 oz Kinky
  • 2 oz cranberry cocktail juice
  • 1 oz apple juice
In a tall cocktail glass filled 3/4 with crushed ice, pour in all three of your ingredients.  Stir well and enjoy!

     What is this kinky vodka all about? Well I looked it up and its a mix of passion fruit, blood orange and mango vodka. Sounds yummy and this drink sounds so refreshing. They have a website and an entire bunch of Kinky recipes, you know with that name I'm checking them out  (Me so naughty - and damn proud to say it!! ;-D)
     Thing is that I want to get away from centering everything around food. I am bringing Pictionary and Cranium with me to Thanksgiving so we can play games and not just sit around a dinner table. Food is a wonderful way to share good times but it is not the only way...there is also just talking, having a few drinks, playing games, etc. This Thanksiving this is what I'm striving for.  I will let you know what actually happens.
So until next time I will say Ciao For Now
      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment