Tuesday, November 1, 2011

One Day More

     A great song from a great play which has nothing to do with this blog. LOL 
     I must remember to bring in my food to work as I had a grilled chicken salad today to eat and thats it. Now you may say great but I have found that not eating actually works in reverse of losing weight. You need to eat to lose. Also I am noticing that as I am not hitting up the gym because of my knee I am not really losing any weight. I am not gaining really. I did gain that half pound but it was lost again this AM.  So I need to move this saucy body of mine. Back to the I want to move it move it!! hehe  After all this annual enrollment is done mid-November I am going to see the doctor to see what he recomends.
     Speaking of annual enrollment (good segue eh? hehe) today is almost over. First day and the stats are showing that we are at about 1000 to 1100 calls for the day. We have 15 people full staff so you do the math. This is not even the tip of the iceburg, we will be even busier as it goes on and of course the last day will be outrageous!! We stay open to midnight and it can be lots of fun really. Usually around 10PM it slows down and we relax a bit. Music goes on if we have it but not to loud in case the folks are on the phone. Last year one of the new reps stayed late. So I went off to a secluded phone area where he couldn't see me and called his line. I made up some fake id number and when he said he couldn't find it I used the sexy phone voice and was like "oh you sound cute are you sure you can't help me?" He was looking at the phone and trying to be polite but I got so bad and he was flustered and then I hung up.  He was talking about it when I came back into the main area and laughing about it. So I went up behind him and whispered in his ear "are you sure you can't help me?" in the sexy phone voice and he was like "OMG!!! That was you!!!?"   Everyone started to laugh and then he did. It was great - he's a sweet guy and I used to do his reviews which were not great but I talked with him and went over things with him and 7 months later he is one of our better reps. I'm rather proud of that fact. He was like you'd be a good Mom. I felt a pang in my heart at that but it was sweet of him to say.   The days get long and it can be frustraiting for these guys. We try to help by buying lunch or dinner. We are planning a big harvest pot luck for eveyone so we can all relax and laugh together after this is over. A pre Thanksgiving pigfest so to speak, where everyone will bring in a goodie to share. I can promise I will be bringing grilled chicken and veggies so I dont get tempted by the cheesecake or cakes I will also be making for the occasion. I make a wicked pumpkin cheesecake and turtle brownie cheescake.  Yes the holidays are here! LOL
     I am sure the morning will bring a busier day on the phones than it has been today. So I wish you all a wonderful evening as I get ready to close the helpdesk down. Ciao for now luvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment