Saturday, November 26, 2011

Got My Soapbox Out

     I wrote this on another group I belong to but I figured it wasn't bad so I'm putting it here too! It goes like this:

     Just for the hell of it I entered the word fat in the tag look-up and what came up was so not what I expected. I figured there would be posts on larger ladies (& guys too) but was I wrong. I got through only the first 2 pages and everyone was about how I am so fat and I look disgusting and please kill me I am huge.  Dear Gods, it was so extreme. You would think that I can find the opposite as well. NOPE!! Now don’t get me wrong, there are pages of people with eating disorders but that’s not what I’m saying and that is an entirely different matter.
Why do we always look in a mirror and say I hate how fat I am but rarely do you hear I hate how thin I am?  I mean I am a big girl and being short (5 Feet!) makes it look even more robust. I want to get more fit which doesn’t automatically equate to thin. I want to wear a size 14/16 again and I will but still I know I will still be called fat and that’s fine with me. What I don’t say now at a size 24 (ish) is I hate myself. I don’t hate myself. I’m fun, intelligent, educated. I ride buses, do community theater, bowl just like my “normal counterparts”  I love art, theater, cars, dancing, sex, music, the list goes on and on. What I’m saying is I AM perfectly fine!!!! Growing up I was shy because of my weight then one day I said fuck it! I’m worth knowing.
     I just wish people would not immediately judge you on your weight. Everyone is different and it’s a beautiful thing. Fact: I have actually lost a job because I was “TOO FAT” ( WOW I've only told that to a few people!!) It was for a receptionist position where a friend of mine worked. She overheard them say they didn’t want me to be the 1st thing a person saw when they came in. I was so upset, hell they said the 1st thing! THING mind you, I was not even considered a person, I was a thing!! I have seen people move out of my way for fear of maybe if I touched them they would all of a sudden inflate and be fat too. Really people it’s not contagious I AM NOT A DISEASE!! Eventually I realized they were not worth my tears.
     One day, I want to speak to all those who hate them selves because of a few pounds and assure them that life is not measured in pounds. Unfortunately all they would need to do is read a magazine or look at the television and my point is lost. Kudos to you women who embrace your curves be they chubby, bbw or ssbbw. Major kudos to the men who prefer women this way and are not afraid to show it or say it. General affection holla to all those, men & women, who just accept people for who they are and not what they look like. Hey I like looking at the pretty people too, but damn it, pretty comes in all shapes, sizes and colors!! I don’t think just because I’m fat I’m ugly. Look I’m not perfect but if all anyone says to me as an insult is “You’re fat” then well, I’m all good because I don’t have an issue with that, they do!! There is ALWAYS something we want to change about ourselves no matter what size we are. Change it because you WANT to; don’t do it just to be accepted, because friends who say you should change are NOT friends. Big difference between constructive criticism from a true friend, and your “friend” telling you what to do because its better for them for you be just like they are.
     Stopping now, as I don’t know where this rant came from, but I’m glad to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading it.

TA  peeps
    

No comments:

Post a Comment