Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cutting Shapes

     Every now and then I have a call with my Dad that has the two of us really laughing. Today was such a call. I usually call every few days just to see how he is doing and when I called he told me he forgot to tell me that he went to the neighbors birthday party. Let me preface this with these are one of the nicest, sweetest most unselfish couple I have have known. They do so much for my Dad. Phil is a retired detective so every night he told me he goes around my Dad's house and checks the doors to make sure they are locked. They cook for him,  invite him to their family parties and that brings me back to this post. (See I DO get to my point!! LOL)  My dad will be 84 in December and he still loves a good party. Well he went over and told me that they had a huge "do" since it was Phil's 50th birthday. Mari made tons of food and after all was don they were in the basement which is a good size as it's the same exact house as my NY home so I know this. Well they are all from Peurto Rico and they start to Salsa dance and one of Phil's sister finally gets my Dad to dance with her. He was laughing as he told me and he had such a great time. I couldn't stop smiling at this. Then even better Mari was recording it!!!  She is going to send it to me and to quote my Dad, he told me "If I do say so myself I looked pretty good!"  hehehehehe  I starte to laugh and teased him that he neds to stop picking up women he's going to forget their names ones day and call the wrong name out! LOL   I tell ya though it was so wonderful to hear him having such fun. Sad because he has a better social life than I do :-D
     All good on my end and the Phase 1 is going well. I am stuffed from the dinner salad I made and it tasted better than I thought it would.  It's easier since lots of folks here are trying to be good and watch what they eat. Not just watch the food go into their mouths. I thin they figure if they lose some now it gives them a holiday buffer.
     Speaking of holidays. I am a bit miffed that almost every store I go to already has Christmas items up. I mean talk about rushing the season. I LOVE Chritmas but not in October!!! LOL
     Well that's all my mind has at the moment excet for a few silly random things that sound good in my head but will not transfer to paper wellenough to put them down here. Anyone who knows me knows how my mind jumps tracks easily..ooh shiny object!!  hehe ;-)     So until tomorrow peeps ..Ciao!
   

1 comment:

  1. Dear Magpie.... please note we are now in November.... thank you kindly. Me. x

    ReplyDelete